Simple Approaches to Export Outlook Email to Mac Mail Account
March 5th, 2022 ~ 5 Minutes Reading
Summary: Using this guide, you will learn how to export Outlook email to Mac Mail account. In this post, we will attempt to capture all of the different approaches and reasons for carrying out this task. So, if you are one of those who requires such a migration, you should read the article in full.
While there is several alternative email client software available, Microsoft Outlook for Windows and Mac Mail for Mac are the most common email applications for accessing and managing data.
Outlook is a popular email client that is also included in the Microsoft Office suite. Outlook is primarily used for saving, receiving, and sending emails. This is a Microsoft application that is sometimes referred to as a personal information management tool. The user may also set up and manage emails, attachments, contacts, calendars, projects, and a personal journal using this application.
Numerous businesses use the Microsoft Outlook email software to organize meetings. Outlook complete mailbox data is saved in the PST file format. Additionally, Mac Mail support MBOX file types. If a user goes from a Windows to a Mac computer, he or she must export Outlook format to Mac Mail. Therefore, we will describe this below.
Also Read: How to Export Outlook to Apple Mail?
Why Users Beed to Export Outlook Email to Mac Mail Account?
- The email clients Microsoft Outlook and Mac Mail do not utilize the same file format. Users are forced to contend with difficulties in this condition. Consider the following scenario: If a person was using the Microsoft Outlook email program and moved to a new company that used Mac mail, the user would need to export emails from Outlook to Mac mail in order to access the data saved in Microsoft Outlook.
- Occasionally, natural disasters such as Microsoft Outlook file corruption, hard drive file corruption, or account deletion difficulties cause Outlook mailboxes to be exported to Mac mail.
I hope that after reading the situations above, you have acquired an understanding of the importance of migrating Outlook email to Mac Mail account. The cases listed above are the most prevalent. There are also a large number of additional people who want migration for a number of other reasons. Now, without further ado, let us move on to the solutions.
Also Read: Get Solution to Export Outlook Messages to EML Format
Manual Method to Export Email from Outlook to Mac Mail
Several steps must be completed before your Outlook email can be exported to your Mac Mail account. No direct manual approach is available at this time. Therefore, let us begin with the first stage of the procedure.
Phase 1: Export Outlook Mailboxes to Thunderbird Account
This section contains instructions on how to manually export Outlook emails to the Mac Mail email client. Simply follow the instructions outlined below:
- To begin, configure Microsoft Outlook as the default email program. (To do so, navigate to the computer’s Control Panel >> Programs >> Default Programs >> Set Default Program >> Select the installed program’s Microsoft Outlook >> Set the Application as Default)
- Now run Mozilla Thunderbird and setup it using a username and password
- Then launch Mozilla Thunderbird and navigate to the Tools menu >> Import
- Now a new Import Window will appear; select either Mail or Address Book from the drop-down menus and then click the Next button
- Select Outlook as the method for importing emails and other data, and then click the Next button
- Following that, a new window will open in which you may select the PST (Personal Storage Table) file to export Microsoft Outlook data into Mozilla Thunderbird.
Phase 2: Export Resultant PST Files into Thunderbird Supported Format
Now, using Thunderbird, export the Outlook file to an Mac Mail-compatible file format. Carry out the following steps:
- To begin, download the free Import/Export Tool as a Thunderbird add-on
- Next, right-click on the folder that the user wants to export to Mac Mail supported format
- Following that, a new window for the Import/Export Tool will open
- Select the Export Folder option to export a folder of files in the Mac Mail file format to a specified destination.
Phase 3: Export Resultant Mac Mac Supported Files into Mac Mail on Mac
Once you’ve obtained the Mac Mail supported files, export it into Mac Mail. Your Outlook Mailboxes would be exported into the Mac Mail app following this step. Carry out the following steps:
- The user must first open Mac Mail
- The user now has to navigate to File >> Import Mailboxes
- Next, select the Mac Mail supported file choice and then click the Proceed button
- Click Continue after selecting the Mac Mail supported file.
Disadvantages of Manual Method and How to Overcome?
The manual technique outlined before is an effective way to export Outlook email to Mac Mail. This approach has several restrictions since a non-technical individual will have difficulty doing the steps. This is a time-consuming and laborious procedure. If the manual processes are not performed correctly, there is a risk of data loss. Therefore, if you’re looking for a safe and secure option, consider using professional software namely BitResQ Mac Outlook PST File Converter Software. With this app, you can batch export multiple Outlook emails to Mac Mail accounts along with all the properties. Also, you just have to follow a few steps. With this app, you can also export Outlook email to the most popular file savings like PDF, Text, and other file savings.
The Final Words
In today’s post, we’ll go over both the manual and professional methods for migrating Outlook email to a Mac Mail account, respectively. Read over both approaches and decide which one best matches your needs. The steps that have been described are beneficial and safe.