Export Outlook Messages to EML Format – Reliable Ways
March 1st, 2022 ~ Export ~ 4 Minutes Reading
This post is a part of the series on how to export Outlook messages to EML format on Mac and Windows OS. Throughout this blog, you’ll go through the many options for exporting all Outlook emails to EML without losing any information.
We are all familiar with the Outlook message file format, which holds a single email message, contact, calendar, task, etc. with attached files. However, it can only be used with the Outlook application, whereas EML files can be opened with a variety of email clients. As a result, the majority of users like you want to export their Outlook Message files to EML format.
If you have a similar problem and are seeking a solution, then, this article will going to help you.
To start, we’ll address a user query that’s come up
I am an Outlook user who works for a multinational corporation. Now that I’ve made the decision to work from home, so, I’m searching for an open-source email client. For this, I choose to make use of the free Mozilla Thunderbird email client. It has proven to be the most difficult task for me to export Outlook messages to EML format. If there is a quick and effective answer to my problem with selected MSG data to EML on Mac OS. Please let me know as soon as possible so I can implement it. Also, please accept my thanks in advance.
How to Export Outlook Messages to EML Format on Mac & Windows?
There are two ways available for exporting Outlook emails data into EML file format. Both approaches have pre-tested for doing this procedure.
So, let’s start with a manual method to see what happens.
Manual Guide to Export Outlook Email as EML
- The Outlook message file should be copied and pasted into the Outlook application
- Then, select File from the menu bar. After that, choose the Save As option to export Outlook messages to EML format
- Now, choose the TXT file format from the drop-down menu and mouse-click Save
- Then, with the right-click menu on the saved TXT file, select “Change extension to EML”
- During the process of changing the file name, a warning notification will display. To save the TXT file in EML format, select “Yes” from the drop-down menu
- Finally, Right-click the exported EML file and pick “Open with” from the context menu. Mozilla Thunderbird should now open.
Few Major Limitations of Manual Approach
- The manual solution takes an inordinate amount of time. Due to the fact that it only exports specific files only, it does not offer bulk exportation. This means that it is not feasible to export multiple file / folder at the same time.
- In addition, the Outlook application is mandatory for the manual approach to be successful. If you don’t have an Outlook app, you cannot export Outlook messages to EML format.
- Technical expertise is required in order to carry out the manual procedures correctly. Otherwise, there will be a significant risk of data loss.
Export Outlook Messages to EML Instantly on Mac & Windows
In order to get an accurate result, we would like to recommend you to go with professionally tested BitResQ Outlook MSG File Converter Application. It has sufficient functionality to batch export Outlook emails to EML files at the same time.
Even, this utility does this entire task in a single operation. Using this application, you will get a bug-free solution. However, it also has a simple UI that is straightforward to operate. So, everyone can use the program to export Microsoft Outlook messages, tasks, journals, and other types of data to EML format without difficulty.
Moreover, even complete beginners can operate it on Windows and Mac OS easily.
The Final Words
In this blog post, we discussed two techniques to export Outlook messages to EML format. There are several drawbacks of manual procedures that you must keep in mind. We have also discussed how to accomplish the export Outlook emails to EML in the bulk mode without encountering any difficulties. So, it is better to choose the appropriate one. However, we recommend you to go with the professional and easy method for Windows and Mac.