How to Export Outlook to Apple Mail including Emails and Contacts?
February 23rd, 2022 ~ Export ~ 6 Minutes Reading
Are also, one of them who is looking for an approach to export Outlook emails to Apple Mail with attachments? If yes, then you are on the right page.
Here you will get complete details and free techniques to export Outlook emails and contacts to Apple Mail by using 2 manual methods.
The MBOX file format is supported by the majority of Mac email clients, including Apple Mail, Mac Apple, and Entourage. It is necessary to export the Outlook mailbox to MBOX format before exporting Windows Outlook mailbox into Apple Mail.
Manual Methods to Export Outlook Emails to Apple Mail
Here we will show you 2 manual methods to export Outlook emails and contacts to Apple Mail. In both methods first, we will export emails from Outlook as MBOX format. after that, we will Both manual methods are mentioned below:
- Export Data by Syncing Outlook into Thunderbird
- By Using GWMMO and Google Takeout Tools
Method 1: Syncing Outlook into Thunderbird
You must follow 2 steps to export Outlook emails and contacts to Thunderbird.
Preparations: Add ImportExportTools NG into Thunderbird
- From the Thunderbird click on the “Tools” >> “Add ons and themes” option.
- Search ImportExportTools NG in the search box and add the tool.
Step 1: Configure Outlook into Mozilla Thunderbird
- Open Thunderbird on your machine to export Outlook emails to Apple Mail.
- Now click on the Menu icon or “ALT” button and choose the “Tools” >> “Import” option.
- After that, select the data that you want to export like emails and contacts.
- Now choose “Outlook” from the list and then the “Next” icon.
- Next, the importing procedure will start, wait for a while.
Lastly, your complete Outlook folders and mailbox will appear in the Thunderbird. After that, We will export Outlook data in MBOX Format.
Step 2: Export Imported Data from Thunderbird
- Now open the Thunderbird email client.
- And right-click on the folder that you want to export as MBOX format.
- And choose “ImportExportTools NG” >> “Export Folder” option.
- Now browse the location to save the file and click on the “Select Folder” icon.
In the end, you will get an MBOX file on the selected location. Now we will import this resultant file into Apple Mail. But first, let’s have a look at another method.
Method 2: With Gmail’s GWMMO and Google Takeout Tools
Here first we will export Outlook folders in PST format. After that add the exported data into the Gmail account by using GWMMO Tool. And then export Gmail’s data by using google takeout.
Step 1: Export Outlook Emails to Apple Mail
- Open Outlook and click on the “File” tab.
- Then, choose the “Open & Export” >> “Import and Export” option.
- Now select “Export to a File” >> “Outlook Data File (.pst)” and then the “Next” icon.
- After that, select the Outlook data that you want to export.
- Select the saving location and then the “Finish” icon.
- You will get a PST file, now we will import this file into your Gmail account by using GWMMO Tool.
Step 2: Import Exported Data into Gmail Account
- Download GWMMO Tool
- Now login with your Gmail account
- Next, grant all permission by clicking on the “Allow” icon
- Select the option “From PST File(s)” from the drop-down
- Now browse the location of the PST File
- Press on the “Migrate all data” and then select the required data
- Lastly, click on the “Migrate” icon.
Now the exported PST file will appear on the Gmail account.
Step 3: Export Data of Gmail with Google Takeout
- From the Gmail account, click on the profile icon.
- And choose the “Manage Your Google Account” option.
- Now select the “Data & Privacy” option and scroll down.
- Next, choose the “Download Your Data” option and choose the required data and click on the “Next Step”.
- Apply and manage the filters according to you and click on the “Create Export” option.
When the procedure will complete. You will get an MBOX file at the selected location.
First, we created an MBOX file by combining both techniques, because Apple Mail is compatible with the MBOX format. In this step, we will import the MBOX File that we previously created into Apple Mail.
Import MBOX File into Apple Mail
- Open an Apple Mail account on your device.
- Now click on the “File” >> “Import Mailboxes” >> “Files in MBOX Format”.
- And then browse the location of the MBOX File and click on the “Choose” icon.
The procedure will start to export Outlook emails to Apple Mail. As you can see, how confusing it is. Also, manual methods have some limits, which are mentioned below:
Limits and Restrictions of Manual Methods
- Time-consuming and long process.
- Hierarchy is not maintained in folders and emails.
- Outlook, Thunderbird must be installed properly on your device.
- Risk of data loss.
- No options to export selected data according to your needs.
These kinds of many problems, you will encounter during the procedure.
To avoid these issues, you should take the help of a third-party tool. Like BitResQ Mac Outlook Converter Tool to export Outlook emails to Apple Mail directly.
The software has a simple interface, which makes the software easy to use. Also, users can easily export unlimited data of Outlook with attachments. Not only emails but the software export Contacts, Calendars, Notes, Address Book, and other data from Outlook.
So, hopefully, after reading this article, your confusion has been resolved. As you can see, in this article, we covered every aspect to export Outlook emails to Apple Mail using free techniques, which, however, have their own set of limitations. As a result, users should seek the assistance of a third-party tool. Which was also mentioned previously.