How to Convert MBOX to EML with Attachments? Free Method
February 11th, 2022 ~ Convert ~ 4 Minutes Reading
Are you looking for a method to convert MBOX to EML? If that’s the case, you’ve come to the right place.
Here you will find detailed instructions and step-by-step instructions to convert emails from MBOX files to EML format.
As we all know, the MBOX file format allows storing multiple files in a single file. Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Eudora, and others are among the email clients that support it. It is a popular and secure file format that is supported by a variety of email applications.
The EML file, on the other hand, it offers a number of distinctive features, including the ability to store individual emails while maintaining the email header metadata. EML files are also compatible with a wider range of email applications than MBOX files, including Microsoft Outlook, which supports the EML format.
However, there are times when customers want to convert MBOX to EML with attachments. But they have no idea how to achieve it.
So, to help those users, we have created a list of the best manuals and highways.
“Hi, I had been using Eudora mail for the last three years, but only exported my data and transferred it to a Gmail account. Gmail, on the other hand, allows the EML format. So, I would like to convert MBOX emails to EML format. But not sure where to start? Please advise about the most suitable way.”
Related Post: Best Free Methods to Convert MBOX File to PDF
Why convert MBOX emails to EML?
- Each individual email is stored in its own file in EML, whereas MBOX creates a distinct file for each folder it includes in MBOX.
- In comparison to the EML file, the MBOX format is not as extensively accepted.
- It’s natural to want to share specific facts from time to time. As a result, this is not feasible while using the MBOX file format.
We’ll show you a variety of email applications that accept the MBOX file format, as well as strategies for converting MBOX files to EML using various email clients.
Related Post: Google Takeout to PDF Converter
Method 1: MBOX to EML from Mozilla Thunderbird
In this article, we will teach you how to export MBOX emails to EML from Thunderbird. All the steps are listed below:
- To export MBOX to EML, open Thunderbird on your device
- Next, go to “Ads-ons and themes” and type “ImportExportNGTools” into the search field
- Go to “ImportExportNGTools” and click Add to Thunderbird >> Add.
The first step to Convert file from Thunderbird
- On your device, open the Thunderbird email client
- Select “ImportExportTools” from the drop-down menu to convert MBOX to EML
- Select Export all messages in the folder >> EML format from the drop-down menu
- Finally, go to the location where you want to save the EML file and click the “Save” button.
Limitations: This manual technique will be time-consuming and users will have to repeat the whole operation for each email. Also, users cannot export multiple EML files at the same time.
Method 2: Using Apple Mac Mail, convert mailboxes from MBOX to EML
Important: To use Apple Mail, you must have a Mac OS machine.
- To convert MBOX files to EML, open Apple Mail on your Mac
- Select the relevant email from your mailbox
- Then, on the desktop screen, drag and drop the email
- You should now see an EML file on your screen.
- To open an Apple Mail account, you’ll need Mac OS X.
- The procedure of converting MBOX to EML is also extensive and tedious.
- Because this approach can’t export several EML files at once, you’ll have to repeat the process for each email.
As you can see, there are two manual techniques to convert MBOX files to EML. This is true, although there are certain restrictions. Which have already been discussed. However, these approaches will only work if you have an email client that supports MBOX files.
If you only have one MBOX file and you don’t have an MBOX compatible email client installed on your device, you won’t be able to export MBOX emails to EML.
As a result, you will need to employ the best solution such as BitResQ Free Download MBOX Converter Software to deal with orphaned MBOX files. This allows you to simply export all your MBOX emails to EML format.
Expert and non-technical users alike will appreciate the tool’s user-friendly design.