How to Migrate OST File to Office 365 with Effective Solutions?
May 27th, 2022 ~ Migrate ~ 5 Minutes Reading
Summary: Are you worried about the corruption of the OST file? To prevent this situation, have you tried to migrate OST file to Office 365 account? Do you want to move your entire data from the OST file to Office 365? If the answer is yes, then we have got you covered. Because here, we will be discussing the way better solutions to move OST to Office 365.
However, there can be multiple reasons behind this migration. But the face is OST file is of Outlook application. Which doesn’t provide more security to protect your data.
This is the article where you will get all the possible solutions that will help you to migrate data from the OST file to Office 365 easily.
Reasons to Migrate OST File to Office 365
However, there are multiple reasons which lead to importing the entire OST file data into Office 365 –
- The reasons which lead to moving the OST to Office 365 account can be the organization shifting owing to O365 advantages.
- Moreover, another reason could be the need to avoid the connection of the MS Exchange maintenance.
- Also, MS Office 365 provides much better security com parable to OST file.
- Additionally, the Office 365 is a more convenient program/platform than Outlook.
- Not just this, but migrating your data into Office 365 allows you to access your data from multiple devices at a time.
Top Approaches to Move OST to Office 365
There are two top approaches that you can use for migrating the entire OST file data into Office 365 –
Now, let’s just understand each one of them and get a way to fix this issue.
Manual Approach to Migrate OST File to Office 365
However, there is no direct manual method that allows the importing process for this task. But, you can perform the indirect method through which you can move your OST to O365. For that, you will need to perform these two steps –
Step1 – Convert Required MS OST File to PST Format
In this step, first, you will need to make your MS OST file a PST file, after that you can move further-
- For this, firstly open the Outlook application of any version
- Then, go to the File option > Import & Export > Import/Export option
- From the appeared wizard, just select Export to a File > Next button
- To move further, select the Outlook Data PST File option from the Export to a File wizard
- Now, to import the required data from the OST file, just select the file or folder
- In the next step, provide a name for it and a destination path and hit the Finish button.
Step 2 – Import File Using Various Ways
Once you have the resultant file, the next step you will need is to import it into your MS Office 365 account. For this, you can take the help of multiple ways. Either you can choose the Drive Shipping method or Network Upload or with Azure AzCopy.
Drive Shipping method allows migrating the PST file into Office 365. For that, you will need to copy the entire resultant data file on a hard drive. After that, you will require to send the drive to Microsoft for further process.
In the Azure AzCopy tool, you will require to install the tool and then copy the SAS URL. After that, you can move the data of OST to O365 by uploading it.
Limitations of Using Indirect Manual Method
There are multiple drawbacks that you will face while using this indirect manual method-
- The first thing is that this method is a long one to process.
- Moreover, you will need to perform the conversion first then you will be able to migrate OST file to Office 365.
- Additionally, if you’re using the network upload method, then the PST file should be uploaded into the Network-shared folder.
- Also, the upload method is not compatible when it comes to moving the large data file. As there is a size limit issue on importing.
Professional Approach to Move OST to O365 Directly
Due to the above limitations, we have come up with a great and direct approach. Using this method, you can easily import the entire data of the OST file into Microsoft365. Along with it, you will not face any kind of issue while migrating OST file data into Office 365. The most amazing and professionally tested program is BitResQ Converter Software for OST file.
It allows you to migrate the entire data of the OST file including Emails, Calendars, and Contacts into MS O365. Not just this, but you will be allowed to use the tool on all versions of the Microsoft Windows OS. So that, you can import the data without connecting to the Microsoft Exchange Server.
Not just this but, using this advanced tool you will be able to Extract Contacts from Outlook OST File easily. All you have to do is download the mentioned software from official page and follow each instructions.
In this article, today we have shared the different reasons and their possible solutions to migrating OST files to Office 365. Here, you can understand and follow the described method. However, the manual method is not that convenient and is short. Therefore, we recommend you to choose the direct method which is mentioned as BitResQ Software. Using this program, you will be able to import all your OST file data into your Microsoft 365 account. Moreover, there will be no data hampering while moving your data.