Simple Methods to Migrate MBOX to Office 365
You have landed on the most suitable page if you are searching for an efficient solution for how to import MBOX to Office 365. A full-fledged manual and automated solution to migrate MBOX to Office 365 is provided.
MBOX is a file format that is extensively used because of its versatile functionalities. It is used to organize and store a single email item in numerous supported file formats. This includes Apple Mail, Entourage, Eudora, PowerMail, Thunderbird, etc. in a hassle-free manner.
But, as we know that people are moving onto the cloud because of the features offered like cost-effectiveness, durability, scalability, etc. Besides this, it also offers accessibility from all over the globe, complete security, and no data loss. To manage the work effectively, each and every individual is opting for cloud platforms like Microsoft Office 365.
Consequently, in this write-up, we will mention the different ways to migrate MBOX to Office 365 account. But, first, we will know why users take this decision for migrating MBOX emails to Office 365 accounts.
Why Import MBOX Files to Office 365 Platform?
There are various reasons for the importation of MBOX files into Office 365 platform. A few of them are mentioned in the below section of the blog.
- Unable to load emails
- Difficulty in managing large documents
- Lack of advancement
After all these reasons, we will mention the ways that a user can opt for MBOX mailbox to Office 365 migration.
You may also be interested in : How to How to Import MBOX to Outlook?
Techniques to Migrate MBOX to Office 365
There are two ways using which a user can accomplish this task effortlessly.
Method 1: Manually Import MBOX Data into Office 365
Step 1: Configure Office 365 into MBOX
- Download, and install Mozilla Thunderbird and then launch it
- Here, in the Mail Account Setup Wizard, enter your name, email address, and credentials of your O365 account
- Then, to configure manually, please provide the correct details
- At last, hit the Done button to authenticate your account.
Step 2: Import MBOX via ImportExportTools NG
- Go to Tools >> from there, click Add-ons
- Now, search for the ImportExportTools NG
- Afterward, click on +Add to Thunderbird
- Next, restart the application >> Right-click on Local Folders >> ImportExportTools NG >> Import MBOX File
- Then, click OK and select the file that you wish to migrate into Microsoft 365, and click Open.
After this, your files will be successfully added to the Thunderbird email client.
Step 3: Migrate MBOX Emails into Office 365
- Press Ctrl+A to select all the MBOX emails
- Secondly, right-click to opt for the Copy to option
- From there, choose your Office 365 account.
Keep in mind: By following this lengthy and tedious method, you will be able to migrate MBOX to Office 365 account only if you are technically sound. More than one MBOX file will definitely lead to further complexities. Furthermore, this manual solution will require you to install and configure various email platforms. Also, no guarantee to retain the data integrity and folder structure.
Also Refer: How to Migrate Thunderbird to Outlook?
Another Free Method to Import from MBOX to Office 365
- First, convert MBOX to PST file.
- Now, we will use Azure AzCopy to import PST to Office 365.
- First, prepare the PST file.
- Then, set up Azure AzCopy.
- After that, upload the PST file to Azure storage.
- Ten, create and configure a PST import job.
- Finally, start and monitor the job till it finishes.
Migrate MBOX to Office 365 using Guaranteed Solution
BitResQ MBOX Converter Utility has a simple and intuitive interface that makes it easier for non-technical users to perform the migration. Additionally, there is no need for any other third-party application to pursue this procedure. Also, the utility provides the feature to migrate MBOX data into Microsoft Office 365 account with all the attachments intact.
It offers features like batch importation, date range filtration, full structure maintenance, etc. Apart from this, using the impersonation feature, one can upload files from more than one account at once.
Also, a free trial version is set up for a better understanding of the application without investing a single penny.
The Bottom Line
It can be really a difficult and tiresome task for new users to migrate MBOX to Office 365 platform especially when it comes to using the manual method. The reason is they are complicated and requires technical assistance.
In order to avoid all the hurdles, we advise you to use the guaranteed solution mentioned above to smoothly import MBOX files to Office 365 platform.