How to Migrate Thunderbird to Outlook Account?
Here you will find the best solution to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook, with the help of which you can migrate your Thunderbird emails to Outlook without spending any money. In this blog, we will tell not one, two, but three such remedies, after using which you will be completely satisfied. And the third solution is our solution which will transfer your email to Outlook within a few minutes without any problem. The topics we are going to cover in this blog are: first why users will migrate from Thunderbird email to Outlook, second, we will talk about the difference between both the mail accounts and finally how to migrate thunderbird emails. But first, the question of our user has come, let’s have a look.
I’ve had a Thunderbird account for 5 years. As a result, my account contains crucial data such as messages, discussion meetings, tasks, and contacts. Despite the fact that Thunderbird has a lot of essential features, I’m still considering moving to Microsoft Outlook.
Actually, I’d like to utilise Business Contacts Manager to better my customer conversations. I’m looking for a secure approach to switch from Thunderbird to Microsoft Outlook.
Also Read: How to Migrate MBOX to Office 365?
Comparison of Mozilla Thunderbird vs MS Outlook
|Thunderbird is an email client that is available for free.
|The user must acquire a license key in order to use Outlook.
|Windows, Mac OS, and Unix OS are all supported.
|Windows and Mac OS are both supported.
|It saves all of the information in MBOX files.
|The data is saved as OST and PST files.
|IMAP, SMTP, and POP protocols are all supported.
|IMAP, SMTP, and POP protocols are all supported.
|The Exchange Server is not supported.
|Exchange Server is supported.
|It is not compatible with any mobile platform.
|Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile are all supported.
|There isn’t a way to schedule it.
|Scheduling by email is possible.
Refer: How to Batch Convert Apple Mail to PDF?
Why do Users Migrate Thunderbird Emails to Outlook?
Microsoft’s Outlook is a well-known email program. It’s noted for its user interface, complex functionality, and excellent security. SharePoint and MS Exchange Server are also supported by Outlook. Many people switch from Thunderbird to Outlook to make use of all of these features.
Way to Thunderbird Emails to Outlook Migration
We have mentioned three solutions to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook, out of which two solutions are manually free of cost. But they have many limitations, but our third solution is an automated third-party solution. With the help of this, you can do your job without any problem and you will be able to migrate emails. Now let’s see how it will happen, first of all, we will tell you how to do it with the help of Gmail configuration, then drag and drop After that, in the last we will talk about the signature solution of this blog.
Also Refer: How Thunderbird Import MBOX Files?
Method 1: Use IMAP Configuration for Migration
This approach is divided into four sections. For this strategy, you’ll need a Gmail account. Make a new account if you don’t already have one. In order to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook, we must first set up Gmail in Thunderbird. Following that, we’ll set up Gmail in Outlook. Follow the steps below to complete the migration.
Phase 1: Enable IMAP from Gmail Account
- Log in to your Gmail account, pick the settings option from the settings icon, and then click OK
- Toggle to forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Turn on the IMAP option
- Save your changes by clicking the “Save Changes” button.
Phase 2: Allow Gmail’s “Less Secure App” Option
- Go to the Google My Account
- Select the Security tab
- Choose a Less secure app access option
- Enable the option for less secure app access.
Phase 3: Configure Gmail into Thunderbird Application
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird Application
- Click on the “ALT” button on the keyboard and you will see the more option in Thunderbird after that click on the Tools button
- Thereafter, click on the Account Settings in the Drop-Down menu
- After that, Tap on the Account Actions option
- Choose the Add Mail Account option
- Fill up your name, Gmail ID, Password, and remember password option before clicking Continue
- Choose IMAP (remote folders) and then click Done
- Select your Gmail account from the left pane
- Create a New Folder by right-clicking on your Gmail account
- Give the folder a name and then click the Create Folder button
- To select all emails in your Thunderbird account, use Ctrl+A
- Copy by right-clicking and selecting Copy
- Select your Gmail account and the newly created folder
- Examine your Gmail inbox
- Check the Folder in your Gmail account
- Verify the folder by clicking on it.
Phase 4: Configure Gmail Account in MS Outlook
- Open the MS Outlook Application on your windows machine
- After that, click on the File tab option
- Select Account Settings from the Account Settings menu
- Select New from the email tab
- Provide Your Name, Gmail id, and Password, Retype Password, then click the Next button on the new account page
- You will see a successful screen after validation. Select the Finish option
- Click on the Close button in the account setting Popup windows
- To read your emails, go to the left pane and click on your Gmail address.
Congratulations! You’ve completed the Thunderbird to Outlook migration.
You may rapidly move Thunderbird emails to Outlook using this approach. You’ll need Outlook and Thunderbird installed on your computer to complete this move.
Read Also: How to Export MBOX to Microsoft Outlook?
Method 2: Using Drag & Drop for Migrating Emails in Outlook
Users must complete three steps in order to utilize the manual solution:
Phase 1: Save Thunderbird Emails as EML Files
The ability to store emails as EML files will be available in several Thunderbird email clients. Thunderbird’s process is as follows:
- Open the Thunderbird email client first. Right-click a folder and choose New Folder from the menu
- Create a folder and give it a name. Select and drag all of the EML messages you wish to migrate to the newly formed folder
- Users may now view all of the emails that are in the folder
- Finally, pick all of the emails and save them as a single file. It will store emails in EML format to whatever place you choose.
Note: The user must then right-click on the EML files once they have been created. Choose the option to open with Outlook. Save them into an MSG file after that.
Users may now drag and drop MSG files into Microsoft Outlook to open them.
Phase 2: Migrate Emails into Outlook Account
- Follow File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export to move the emails to an Outlook account
- Select the Export to a file option then press the Next button. Select the Outlook Data File option (.pst). Click on Next
- Then, go to the location where the EML files are kept and click next
- To complete the procedure, enter a location for the new PST file, then select the desired option and click Finish.
Note: You may also give the freshly generated outlook emails file a password.
A new PST file is produced in the user’s specified location.
Limitation of Manual Approach
Unfortunately, people will not be satisfied with this manual solution. If people choose to utilize this method, they will face several disadvantages.
- Ruptured Images: After conversion, photographs, graphics, and other images contained in the messages may appear in Outlook as broken pictures. In the body of your emails, they aren’t visible.
- Time-consuming procedure: Migrate Thunderbird to Outlook account using this method will require a significant amount of time and effort. It also comes with a lot of difficulties.
- SMTP headers may be lost: Using this approach, users may lose their original email SMTP headers (the top part of the email, where email addresses, subject and time stamps, and encoding marks are located). This is a major concern for users who respect the integrity of their communications, particularly if they work in the area of computer forensics.
- Supporting Software Must Be Installed: This manual procedure necessitates the installation of various supporting software. Users must first download and install the program. It’s also an indirect answer.
Method 3: Automatic Solution of Migrate Thunderbird to Outlook Account
We’re going to utilize BitResQ MBOX Converter Software for this technique. It is a sophisticated program that allows you to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook format in the most efficient manner possible. You may also use this program to convert and export Thunderbird emails to a variety of file formats.
The answer to how to migrate Thunderbird to outlook is explained in this useful essay. Users who are having problems with this method should refer to this blog article for the best solution. This article discusses both technological and non-technical solutions.