How to Save Emails as PDF on Mac Mail / Apple Mail
Overview: In this following write-up, you will get the effortless solution to save emails as PDF on Mac using the Apple Mail app. This allocated blog will give a step-by-step explanation of the request. It offers you a powerful and automated solution that will solve your problem quickly without any chance of data loss.
An email client is a desktop interface that organizes the emails we send and receive. They also function as the personal information manager that efficiently manages notes, calendars, contacts, and many more.
There are numerous available email clients in the market. And Apple Mail is one of them. It stores all the mailbox data in MBOX file format.
Some Basics of PDF Document Format
Well, PDF is a portable file format that is basically used for storing documents on a local device. Most of the time, it is used for making documents print-ready. PDF is the most reliable file when it comes to maintaining data integrity, safety, and security. And that is the reason many users want to convert Apple Mail to PDF.
Considering a Real-World Scenario for Clear Understanding:
“Hey everyone! I am George and I am working as Legal Advisor in a Multi National Company. I am using Apple Mail but yesterday I had to send some important emails regarding a case. Therefore, I need that email in PDF. I do not know how to save these emails as PDF on my Mac. And now I am a little stressed because I have other things to do and this thing is wasting my precious time. Can anyone suggest to me a best yet smart solution as these emails are very confidential? I need help ASAP! Thanks in advance”
Here, the user needs a solution to convert mailbox mails to portable file formats. In the upcoming section, we will explain to you the manual and professional methods to solve the issue. But before that let us know the reasons behind the conversion.
Main Reasons to Save Emails as PDF on Mac Mail
There are multiple reasons why users need the conversion. Actually, there are multiple advantages to converting the mailbox file into PDF. Some of them are listed below:
- This portable file is the most preferred choice to save legal documents.
- It provides users to open hyperlinks, images, etc in an easy way.
- Saves multiple emails along with their attachments.
- Ensures the user’s data is safe and secure and securely shares the file without any discrepancy.
- It helps to maintain the layout of the file accurately.
Manual Method to Convert Apple Mail to PDF
To save emails as PDF in the Mail app on Mac, you can follow these steps:
- Open Apple Mail on your Mac machine.
- Find and select the email that you want to save as a PDF file.
- Go to the menu bar and click on the File option.
- Now, click on the Export as PDF option from the drop-down menu.
- A save dialog box will appear. Choose the location on your Mac where you want to save the PDF file.
- Type a name for the PDF file.
- Finally, click on the Save button.
It will save the email as a PDF file at the location you specified. You can now access and open the PDF file using a PDF reader or any compatible application on your Mac.
- Go to the menu bar, then click on Mail >> Preferences.
- In the Preferences window, click on the Viewing tab.
- Under the Display section, check the box next to Show ‘Export as PDF’ in the File menu.
- Close this window and follow the steps mentioned earlier to save Apple Mail emails as PDF.
Shortcomings of the Manual Method
- Batch conversion of Apple Mail to PDF is not possible.
- In multiple cases, the attachments are discarded.
Preferred Solution to Save Emails as PDF on Mac Using Apple Mail
The powerful BitResQ MBOX File Converter Software is versatile and advanced in every manner and makes it very simple for users to save and print into a portable file format. It is perfectly designed with a user-friendly interface and powerful security algorithms that make it very simple for the users. It is very difficult to convert a single email to a PDF but through the software, you can convert it easily at once.
Enticing Features of the Software
The software has many features. But here we are providing some of them in the below section. Have a look at them:
- Capable of converting multiple MBOX files at once. The data will be the same as it was before the conversion.
- You can open and view the converted file in any version of the Acrobat reader even in the latest version it is possible.
- It also supports converting Apple Mail to PST, EML, MSG and a plethora of file formats, email clients and cloud services.
- While working with the software there is no size limitation. Any size of the mailbox file will be converted.
- Does not require any Email Client installation. The tool supports MBOX files of Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc.
Steps to Save Apple Emails as PDF on Mac Mail Using Software
On Windows – First export emails as MBOX from the Apple Mail app on your Mac machine, then move the MBOX files to Windows system. Finally, use the instructions in the given video to export emails to PDF format.
On Mac – Here, first export emails as MBOX file from Apple Mail, then convert all the emails to PDF on Mac machine itself using the video instructions.
In the above write-up, we have discussed the reasons and provided you with the best methods to batch convert Apple Mail to PDF documents. We have also given you the manual solution but it has some restrictions. It can only save email as PDF on Mac individually. So it is highly recommended to use the software for efficient file conversion.