How to Import from MBOX to Outlook in Simple Steps
In this article, we are going to discuss how to import MBOX to Outlook email application. This is the most commonly asked question of the users. But do not panic, we are providing you with the manual as well as the automated approach to solve the task in an efficient manner.
Have a Glance on MBOX File and Outlook
MBOX File – It is an email mailbox, this file format is used to organize email messages in a single text file format. MBOX file saves the messages in the sequence where every mail message is stored one by one. It is used by many email clients including Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, and many more.
Microsoft Outlook – Outlook is a personal information manager & email client developed by Microsoft. It is mainly used for sending and receiving emails. It is also used to manage various types of personal data including calendar appointments, and similar entries, contacts, tasks, and notes. This email client is not free, if you want to use it you have to pay for a subscription. Moreover, the Outlook application stores all its data information in the PST file.
Also Read: How to Migrate Thunderbird to Outlook?
Why Users Want to Import MBOX to Outlook?
There are multiple reasons that necessitate the users for doing the conversion. In the section below, we have elaborate the reasons :
- MBOX files only store emails in the correct format. On the other hand, MS Outlook mailboxes hold emails, address books, diaries, events, calendars, etc.
- Mailbox data in Outlook is well organize into components like emails, attachments, address books, events, appointments, notes, and so on.
- For safety and security purposes.
Also Refer: How to Convert MBOX File to PDF?
Import MBOX to Outlook Using Manual Approach
Note to complete this task you need Gmail Account and configured Outlook account:
- Initially, enables the IMAP Setting in your Gmail
- Following this, go to Forwarding and POP/IMAP and then Enables IMAP option
- Subsequently, press on the Save Changes and then log out of the account.
Then, you need to configure this email account to the Thunderbird email application
- Go to the Tools >> Account Settings
- Now, choose Account Action >> Add Mail Account
- Enter the Credentials in the designated section
- Press on Continue >> IMAP >> Click on Done
- Here, click on the Mailbox Folder that appears on the Thunderbird interface to access your new account.
Import MBOX to Outlook application into the Gmail inbox, just simply Drag and Drop the message into the Gmail folder or you can also choose the copy and move option of the Thunderbird.
For accessing the same Email Account in Outlook Application
- Start Outlook >> File >> Add Account >> Manual Steps >> Next
- Select POP/IMAP >> Next
- Enter your details and then, Advance Settings and tick the first option in the Outgoing Server tap.
- In the Advanced Tab set the Port numbers 993/995 and 465/587
- Lastly, click on OK and Test Settings. Tap on Next when your details are completely verified.
Drawbacks of the Manual Approach
- To convert MBOX to Outlook PST we have to perform multiple steps results in a time-consuming task.
- Technical skills are compulsory, one mistake can ruin the entire procedure.
- There are chances that you lose your crucial data information.
Free Method to Export MBOX File into Outlook on Mac
- Start Apple Mail on your Mac. Go to File > Import mailboxes and import the MBOX file in it.
- The MBOX file will appear under “Imported” section in Apple Mail.
- Now, configure a new webmail account like Gmail, Yahoo mail, etc. in Apple Mail.
- Then, copy the data from the imported MBOX file into the newly configured account.
- Next, open Outlook on your Mac and configure the same webmail account in Outlook.
- Then wait for the emails to appear. You will notice that these emails are the ones you copied in Apple Mail earlier.
- Finally, all your MBOX emails are imported to Outlook.
Refer: How to Batch Print Thunderbird to PDF?
Preferred & Trusted Solution to Import MBOX to Outlook
As we can clearly see that the manual method is quite lengthy and perplexing because it comprises many difficult steps. Additionally, you have to be technically strong. Thus, to prevent ourselves from all these you must use MBOX File Converter Wizard. The interface of the software is super easy. A beginner can easily perform the task without facing any complexities. Using the tool users will easily resolve their queries within seconds. Also, you can migrate MBOX to Office 365 account.
Steps to Export MBOX Files to Outlook on Windows
- Start the software on your desktop. Then, click “Select Files” to add MBOX files to the software.
- Continue to the next window and choose “PST” as the saving option.
- After that, click “Convert” to start conversion process. You now have a PST file containing all your data.
- To import this PST file into Outlook, open Microsoft Outlook.
- Go to File > Open & Export > Import/Export > Import from another program or file.
- Select Outlook data file, then browse the PST file and the folder in which you want to import the file.
- Finally, click on the “Finish” button to complete the process.
Video for Mac
Bringing it Together!
Each and every user seeks the best possible application for their personal or professional use. And MS Outlook provides benefits to the users that attract them the most. If you are among those users and want to import MBOX to Outlook email application. But performing this task manually will give you a headache so we will recommend the users they must go for the professional approach. It will easily solve the task in just a few steps.