How to Export Apple Mail Folders to Outlook Manually?
February 23rd, 2022 ~ Export ~ 5 Minutes Reading
Are you looking for a solution to export Apple Mail folders to Outlook consistently? But isn’t the approach you’re looking for paid and free attainable? If your answer is yes and you are fed up with the search, end your search journey.
Many consumers are unaware that they can export their data to their Outlook account through the manual features of the Apple Mail client. However, the process is very lengthy and to be expected given the nature of the manual operation.
Hence, we will guide you through the whole process of exporting email folders from Apple Mail to Outlook. But first, let’s take a look at some of the benefits of Outlook. This has caused users like you and us to abandon Apple Mail and prefer Apple Mail. However, if you are already aware of the benefits, continue with the following steps.
Primary Reasons for Exporting Folders From Apple Mail to Outlook
- Apple Mail isn’t very good at storing emails in your inbox, so archived emails can appear in your inbox folder. Apple Mail also doesn’t have a forwarding feature. Therefore, it is difficult for the user to handle the transfer function.
- However, Microsoft has a built-in feature that makes Outlook bigger than email. A feature that reacts to messages and immediately removes individual emails from the message preview.
- Apple Mail hasn’t added any new features in recent years, but other email clients like Outlook have many useful features that make it easier for end-users to manage their email.
- Microsoft Outlook is easy to use, has an attractive graphical user interface, and offers a high level of security.
These great features of Microsoft Outlook attract users who are looking for answers to questions such as: how to export Apple Mail folders to Outlook for free?
Hence, it provides a great solution that can respond to this query and complete the mapping. Be here for further information.
Also Read: How to Convert Apple Mail to PDF?
Free Way to Export Apple Mail Folders to Outlook
This method starts by exporting the folder from Apple. This is because Apple Mail supports MBOX but Outlook does not, so you need to change the file extension. Therefore, you need to convert the file to an Outlook compatible format. So check out how we can do it.
Phase 1 – Export Apple Mail’s MBOX File
Access your Mac Mail Account by logging in.
Step 1 – Choose the Appropriate Mailbox Folder
Select the mailbox folder that you wish to export in .mbox format
Step 2 – Navigate to the Menu Bar
Select Mailbox from the Menu >> Select Export Mailbox… option
Step 3 – Store Apple Mail MBOX Data and Click on Choose Option
Browse for and select the file destination path for the Apple Mail MBOX data that you wish to save. Following that, click the “Choose” button
Step 4 – Export Selected Apple Mail Mailbox Data Successfully
Correctly exports the selected Apple Mail mailbox data to the specified location in seconds. Now you can easily export these MBOX files to any Windows PC with external storage.
Phase 2: Move the MBOX files to Eudora.
To begin, rename the file InboxMBOX to InboxMBOX.mbox.
You must copy this InboxMBOX.mbx file to the Eudora file location.
Now, on your machine, run and open the Eudora programme. Double-click the InboxMBOX.mbx file to complete the mailbox creation process. Then Exit Eudora.
Phase 3: Import Eudora Data into Outlook
- Open Outlook on your computer
- Navigate to File >> Open >> Select Import option
- Select Import internet Mail and Addresses from the Import or Export Wizard’s list and click Next to finish the procedure
- Select Eudora from the list of options in the Outlook Import Tool box. By default, the Import Mail and Import Address book boxes are selected. If you’re solely interested in transferring email files, click and uncheck the Import Address book option
- Select the Eudora mail folder in the Browse for Folder dialogue. Finally, click OK to initiate the procedure.
This completes the manual steps to export Apple Mail folders to Outlook. By following these steps, you can easily access your Apple email data using your favorite Outlook application.
As you can see, exporting a mail folder from Apple Mail to Outlook is a long step that requires using an intermediate client like Eudora.
If you are worried about time-consuming manual steps and looking for an automated solution to fix this problem, you can check BitResQ Mac MBOX Converter Software to export folders from Apple Mail to Outlook. It is very easy to use and only takes a few steps to complete the process without the need for another email program.
Exporting the Apple Mail folder to Outlook has never been easier. We offer a completely free manual method. You will also need to use the manual features of Eudora, Apple Mail, and Outlook to complete the process. So it is recommended to follow the steps carefully and then export Apple Mail folders to Outlook for free.