How to Export Microsoft Office 365 Mailbox to PST Format?
Looking for solutions to export your Office 365 mailbox to PST format? You can find answers to all your questions in this blog. Also, some technical knowledge is required to export PST from Office 365. However, we have also described a working solution that does not exist. This way, you can export your Office 365 accounts mailbox to any file format. or other email clients This blog is about manual solutions for people with technical skills and automated solutions for people without technical skills.
Hello, Everyone. I would like to download all Microsoft Office 365 mailboxes to a PST file, it does not seem to be a difficult or time-consuming process. Since there are only 50 user mailboxes, we need to transfer the PST file format to your local Windows PC. Answer my questions as soon as possible.
Also Read: Why Office 365 eDiscovery Tool Cannot Be Started?
Why Do Users Need to Export Office 365 Emails to PST?
Generally, if you want to export a PST file from your Office 365 mailbox, it is recommended to export your Office 365 mailbox to PST file format. Find out how exporting Office 365 on the premises can help you in a variety of situations:
- Your Office 365 administration account has been unidentified by an individual or group
- You do not have to rely solely on Microsoft to track your data
- Do you want to store more emails and documents?
- Data lost due to accidental deletion of your Office 365 account
- Permanently delete O365 user accounts or former employees
- Office 365 shared mailbox must be backed up as pst
- Company account data was encrypted as a result of a ransom cloud attack
Exporting Office 365 mailboxes to Outlook PST is a great option to help some users or organization administrators avoid or fix the above issues.
Way to Export Mailbox from Office 365 to PST
We have covered two methods to export your Office 365 mailbox to PST. The first method is designed for technicians with experience in technology. And the second method is for anyone with or without technical knowledge. Experts also recommend using a different solution. Let’s take a look at how to use both methods.
Method 1: Using eDiscovery Method
- First, sign in to Microsoft Office 365 account and open the Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- From the Admin Center, select Security and Compliance option
- In the Security and Compliance section, select Permissions and move to the eDiscovery Manager option
Note: You must be a member of the eDiscovery Manager role group to use the various eDiscovery features.
- Then check the box next to eDiscovery Manager and click the Edit to assign the necessary responsibilities to the eDiscovery Management group
- Case Management, Compliance Search, Export, Retention, Preview, Review, and RMS Decryption are part of jobs assigned to role groups
- If the Export role is not available, go to the role’s edit group and add it
- Now that you have the role assigned, go to Search and Investigation and select the Content Search option
- In a new window, click on the New Search option. It can be accessed with the latest version of eDiscovery Content Search
- Then in the Search window specify the data you want to export from your Microsoft 365 mailbox to PST file format. Users can add criteria to make the Office 365 search process more precise. As you can see, there are many options for filtering emails and other objects
- To export Office 365 to PST from All Mailboxes, select Specific Location and change it
- Select emails or select mailbox folder. Select the Users and Groups option
- You can also export emails from SharePoint and public folders by selecting the “Public Folder” option
- The Search option allows you to select any equal and many other filters. All of these selectively export content
- To download all Microsoft 365 mailboxes to PST at once, please do not add any conditions or keywords to the Save and Run button. The program will then prompt you to enter a name for your search
- Click the Save button and the tool will start searching in the background
- As you can see in the screenshot below, you may see all the search results that you want to Export
- Then go back to the saved search and select the folder name. After you have decided to export the PST file, you can see the progress of your search and all the details about the search results. To do this, go to the Other menu and select Export Results from the drop-down menu
- In the Export Results Wizard, select the radio button that suits your needs. If you need to find results that need to be exported to a single PST file, do not select the Enable deduplication option
- After making all the necessary adjustments, click on the Export option at the bottom of the window. Start the export process. Then close this tab
- Go back to your search and select the Export tab to see the progress of the export
- Users can click the Download Results button to start downloading the results before the export process is complete
- To export your Office 365 mailbox to PST, make a copy of the export key. This is required for eDiscovery programs
- Then paste the copied export key in the Paste area and select the appropriate folder to save the PST file
- Finally, select the Start option to begin the export process. This will save your Office 365 mailbox as a PST file.
Limitation of eDiscovery Method
- How to Manually Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST Takes Time and Ineffective.
- You can only export certain types of data such as email, calendar, contacts, etc.
- There is no filter option for exporting objects with this technique.
Exporting an Office 365 mailbox to a PST file manually requires technical know-how, making it difficult for someone who is not technically competent to use it.
Method 2: Automated Solution to Export Office 365 Mailboxes
The manual steps above are often criticized by users. BitResQ is an all-in-one solution for exporting Office 365 to PST Format at a glance non – technical that takes into account the changing needs of users. You can use the Export Exchange Mailbox to PST utility to export your data locally.
Users are often searching for ways to export their Office 365 mailboxes to PST format. The steps described in this blog are very complex. In addition, inexperienced users cannot use these strategies. For this reason, you can use the above automation program to Export Office 365 to PST online quickly and easily. This is a powerful tool that does not require much technical redress. Also, you can easily download PST from multiple Office 365 accounts without creating technical difficulties.