How to Open OST File Without Outlook for Free? – Solved
Are you searching free solution to open OST file without Outlook? Have you ever tried to opening OST file? Is your OST file got orphaned for some reason? If so, then, this is the article where you will get all your answers.
However, we all know that the OST file is a copy of all the available data in the Exchange server mailbox. But, there are times, when the interruption occurs. Which results in the error in the OST file. That’s why opening OST files securely become a basic need of yours. But the situation becomes literally critical when you have to open Outlook offline file without MS Outlook and without connecting Exchange Server.
But, to ease your pain, we will describe the best solutions to open OST without Outlook. So, let’s just focus on them in deep.
Methods to Open OST File Without Outlook
With the help of the two methods, you can easily open OST file –
Now, without wasting a minute let’s just understand both approaches in a precise manner.
Method-1: Open OST File Without Outlook
OST aka Offline Storage Table is a replica of Exchange mailbox stored on user’s system. It works in synchronization with Exchange mailbox. So, it restrict users to access orphaned OST file directly. However, third party application can help users to open OST file even without Outlook installation on same system.
BitResQ OST Viewer is the best software to open OST file without Outlook. Moreover, you will get multiple benefits with this free-of-cost software. The software allows users to view complete data of OST file into software panel. The software is available for both Windows and Mac OS users. It is a reliable to easy to use software that helps users to open OST file and view complete data.
For Windows OS Users
For Mac OS Users
Additionally, this tool allows you to access and open even orphaned OST files effortlessly. Not just this, but this is the software that works with all the versions of both Windows and Mac OS. So, using this freeware utility you can operate it on any machine without any hurdle.
In case, you want to extract your OST file data and save it any place then you can also go with its Pro version. So, operate this tool and open OST file along with email and their attachments without any data manipulation.
Steps to open OST File Using This Tool
Follow the below instructions and easily open your OST file without any limitation.
- Download the software and install on your system
- Click on Browse button to add OST file into software panel
- View complete data of OST file into software view window
- Apply filters to view specific data from Outlook OST file
Method-2: Open OST File Using Microsoft Outlook Profile
However, there is no direct manual approach that you can use and open .ost file. But, Microsoft Outlook allows import function for Outlook data file (.pst) file. That’s why you need to first convert OST file into PST format. Just after that, you can open output PST file in any version of MS Outlook.
To do so, you can take the help of advance solution i.e. BitResQ OST Converter Tool. This program will easily give you an output file in a PST format. Then, just after that, you can open the resultant file in Outlook.
In the next section, you can understand how you can open the resultant file in MS Outlook.
Steps Change OST File Extension:
- Download the software and launch on your system
- Browse OST file using either Add File or Add Folder option
- Select PST as output file format and browse path to save output
- wait till it the conversion process completes to 100%
Guidelines to Open Consequent File in Microsoft Outlook
Follow the below-mentioned steps to open the outcome in Outlook-
- To do so, first of all, open the Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, and 2013 application on your desktop
- After this, tap on the File > Open & Export option > Import/Export
- Now, from Import and Export Wizard, choose Import from another program or file option
- Choose Outlook Data File (.pst) option to open the file data
- Afterwards, Browse the file from the saved location path
- In the last step, wait till the process is done and mouse-click on the Finish button.
Advantage of Professional Solution
However, there can be multiple reasons which are enough to prove that the professional approach is the best.
- The most important reason of choosing method 1 is that you will not require Outlook installation to open OST file. As this is the method that can work without Outlook. On the other hand, you will need a proper installation and configuration of Microsoft Outlook.
- Moreover, the above professional method doesn’t restrict the size of the OST file. That mean, you can easily open OST file without Outlook with no limits. But, in case, if your data is larger, then you will not be able to process it with the manual method.
In this article, we have discussed the top and possible solutions on how to open OST file without Outlook. However, there is no such direct approach, but the above-mentioned way can be a bit confusing and not feasible.
But, the free professional program is the one that can easily open OST file. Also, it provides multiple benefits if you want to go to the pro version of the tool.