How to Access OST File Without Microsoft Exchange Server?
Summary: If you are concerned about how to access OST file without Exchange then in this article you will find your answers. Here, you will understand the best way to access it for free without any change in data. As a result, in the end, you will be able to get the complete access to all your data existing in the file.
If we talk about what is Outlook.ost file is used for, then most of Outlook users must be aware of it. Even though we would like to share about it in brief here.
The OST file is a data storage file of the entire mailbox of available in the Exchange server of MS Outlook. So, whenever you configure an Outlook with an IMAP server, it creates the OST file at its default location. However, it allows you to work in an offline mode, so that, you can access the data even there is no internet connection. Because, whatever changes you make in this file in offline mode, will automatically change when the connection is restored.
Therefore, it is quite easy to access your emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, and other data in offline mode. And any changes will be synchronized again in an exact manner with the email server.
Reasons Why Users Cannot Access OST File without MS Exchange
However, there are various reasons that make the need for doing this, such as –
- There may be a situation when you get an OST file from your coworkers without installing Exchange Server. Which results in an orphaned file, and you cannot open orphaned OST file.
- Moreover, if someone needs to deeply analyze the email header from the Outlook offline file.
- Additionally, when there is an error in Exchange Server or if it is deleted, in this scenario, the OST file crashes. Also, the synchronization error between Exchange Server and Outlook application also leads to the blockage of the Outlook offline file.
- Likewise, there are some hardware-related issues like sudden power failure, virus attacks, or more that can become the reason for corruption. So, eventually, you will need to repair corrupted OST file ASAP.
As a result, these reasons can be the reason for the severe loss. Hence, in order to prevent these issues, we are going to share a simple and easy method. You just need to recreate OST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2013. In this way, it will be quite easy to open OST files without Outlook with no change in data.
Best Free Way to Access Outlook Offline File without Exchange
As such there is no direct manual method for this issue, therefore, we would suggest you to move to a professional method. The BitResQ Viewer Software for OST file is the best and free way to access OST file without Exchange. As it doesn’t require any connection to the Exchange Server.
This freeware makes the task easy for accessing the file without installing any other email client or Exchange Server. Hence, you will be able to access the entire data of the Outlook Offline file without Exchange. Here, you cannot just access the emails but even contacts, calendars, and other crucial data.
Moreover, this self-operated program will provide you the access of the file in different preview modes, including Attachments, Properties, etc. In fact, its user interface is such an easy one that even technical or non-technical users can operate it.
Guide to Access OST File without Exchange for Free
To use this utility, firstly, download the software and install it either on Mac or Windows OS. Then, after proper installation, just follow the steps –
- In the first step, tap on the Add file to access Outlook offline file without Exchange
- Secondly, Browse the file wherever it is on your Mac or Windows computer
- Now, you can access all the Emails of the selected file on the software panel
- Additionally, to access the attached files of any email just use the Attachments tab option.
Sometimes, the issue occurs that results in an error in the OST file, therefore you cannot access it properly. Hence, in this article, we have discussed about how to access OST file without Exchange. Using this solution, you will be able to access all your data without affecting the existing data. So, just follow the guidelines properly, and you will be good to go.