Open Orphaned OST File in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013
July 11th, 2023 ~ 4 Minutes Reading
Summary: According to Microsoft guide, there is no way to relink OST file into existing OST file. But don’t worry, here in this blog I will explain a secure solution to add orphaned OST file in Outlook. The listed steps can be followed by Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 users.
Some users shared their issues. Let’s consider them –
Hey, I had a healthy OST file of Outlook 2013. Due to the new Outlook version features, I have upgraded it to Outlook 2019. But now I cannot open the OST file, it becomes orphaned I guess. Now, it’s a very urgent need to open orphaned OST file in Outlook application. Someone, please help me out of this situation.
For some reason, we have removed the connectivity of the Outlook from the Exchange Server. But, I have an OST file, which I need to open. I don’t know any way to do this. Can anyone suggest me some good references to open the data of this orphaned OST file in Outlook 2013?
Considering these user queries, we have come up with this article for you. Along with them, you may be having the same issues in the OST file. But, first moving on to the solutions let’s discuss the reasons behind the orphaned OST file.
Why OST File Turned to be Orphaned?
If the OST file get disconnected from Outlook profile, Exchange Server, or IMAP server. Then it turns to orphaned OST file. Once the OST file become orphaned then you cannot access it in Outlook even in same Outlook profile directly.
- If the Exchange Server or IMAP profile is not available.
- Sudden power failure can disturb mail flow
- Likewise, the reason behind orphaned OST files can be virus attacks.
- If you delete any Exchange mailbox from the server then the respective OST file become orphaned
How to Open Orphaned OST File in Outlook Instantly?
If due to any above reasons, your OST file is orphaned. You are not be able to open it in your Outlook. then you can use BitResQ OST converter tool. This tool will help you to change the OST file into Outlook data file format (PST).
Microsoft Outlook allows to import the external data, but the data should be in PST file format. With this indirect solution you can easily import orphaned OST in Outlook any version.
Main Features of This Software
- Allows to import any size OST file in Outlook existing profile or in new folder.
- It maintains data formatting and folder order intact.
- Allows to change multiple OST file into Outlook data file format.
- Standalone software to complete the Import process of OST to Outlook
- Allows to open resultant file in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, versions.
So, the software is equipped with multiple advance features. Use it to complete the import OST to Outlook process. Now lets discuss working steps.
Steps to Import OST to Outlook All Versions
You need to just follow the below listed instructions to complete the import process and open orphaned OST in Outlook.
- First of all, open Microsoft Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, and other versions
- After this, go to the File option, and Import & Export option then Import/Export
- Here, select the Import from another program or file option and tap the Next button
- Now, choose the Outlook Data File (.pst) and hit the Next button again
- On the next screen, just make sure to Browse the right Output file
- Finally, let the import process complete and hit the Finish button.
We have discussed the reasons behind the orphan OST file. In addition to this, to resolve it, we have shared the solution as well. This is the best approach you can opt to open orphaned OST file in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013 easily. So, use the software and make the best out of it. As it will automatically fix all the OST file errors.