How to Recreate OST File in Microsoft Outlook 2013, 2016, 2019?
May 28th, 2022 ~ Tips ~ 5 Minutes Reading
Summary: Do you want to know how to delete and rebuild OST file in Outlook 2016? Have you tried to recreate OST file in Outlook 2013, 2016, or 2019 manually? But if you didn’t find any perfect solution to reset OST then you don’t need to worry, this is the article to help you.
However, the OST file gets created when you set up the Outlook with either Exchange, Outlook.com, or any. But, sometimes, you start getting errors while accessing it. As the OST file is prone to multiple damages. So, Outlook throws the error and you cannot access or read the OST file. Because it stops the synchronization and the OST file can’t store your upcoming data in Outlook.
But, to access the OST file again you need to rebuild OST in Outlook 2013, 2016, and 2019. Therefore, you will require to opt the appropriate method for doing so. All possible methods or strategies we are going to share in this article.
Reasons to Recreate OST File in Outlook
However, there could be multiple reasons when you need to delete and reset the OST file in Microsoft Outlook –
- If there are any bad sectors in the hard disk then it affects the OST file and then it becomes necessary to recreate the OST.
- Moreover, sometimes, even the virus attacks and malware attacks also become the reason for the same.
- Additionally, when the Outlook OST file size increases and the file cross the limit. It is very mandatory to rebuild the OST in Outlook 2013, 2016, and 2019 again.
- Even, the wrong or faulty Add-ins are the reasons for deleting and recreating the OST file.
Multiple Strategies to Rebuild OST in MS Outlook
To recreate OST file in Outlook 2013, 2016, and 2019 you can take the help of the best two strategies –
Now, to understand both of them in detail let’s move to the next section of the article.
Manual Strategy to Reset OST in Outlook
You must follow the below manual steps to know how to delete and recreate OST file in Outlook 2013, 2016, and 2019.
- First of all, just open the Microsoft Outlook on your PC
- Secondly, navigate to the File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings options
- Then, pick the Data File tab from the Account Settings wizard, and choose the OST file
- Now, tap on the Open File Location to open the File Explorer window. Here, you will get to see the location of the OST file
- In the next step, either just delete it or rename the existing OST file
Important Note: Don’t forget to take a backup of the existing OST before deleting and rebuilding it.
- To move further, close all the unnecessary applications including MS Outlook
- Now, just rename the file and it will remove the existing OST file from the PC. You can also delete the OST file by selecting it and pressing delete. Or if you want to change the location of the existing OST file then you can do it as well. So, to use the data of the OST file again in Outlook. Just open your Microsoft Outlook application to reset, it will automatically rebuild OST file in Outlook.
Limitations of the Manual Strategy While Rebuilding OST
When you recreate OST file in Outlook through the manual method you face several drawbacks, such as –
- The most important thing is the data, but while doing this task manually, the data of the OLD OST will be no longer available. That mean, you will only get the new data when you configure your account into Outlook again to recreate the OST. As this can only have the data of the new configuration. So, you will not be able to access your old data of the Outlook OST.
- Moreover, if you try to change the location of the OST file to reset it, then the file becomes orphaned when you do so. And rebuilding the orphaned file cannot be possible with the manual strategy. That’s why we don’t suggest you to go for this method.
How to Recreate OST File in Outlook Professionally?
However, there is a manual process available but using the manual method for deleting and rebuilding the OST file in Outlook can be a tiring process. Also, as we have mentioned in the limitation, that you will only get your new data in the OST file when you try to rebuild OST manually. Moreover, to protect your data from any kind of severe loss. It is mandatory to move to a professional and trustworthy strategy. One of the best strategies is the BitResQ recovery application for OST files.
This is the most useful software to reset OST in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier versions. Along with this, it provides you with multiple amazing features while recreating OST. Not just this, but this is a standalone application which can easily repair Outlook OST file without data loss.
So, the better decision is to choose this application and operate it on any version of Windows OS.
In this article, we have shared the different reasons and possible strategies on how to recreate OST file in Outlook 2013, 2016, and 2019. This is the complete article where you will get all your answers to the query. However, the manual strategies that we have shared above are useful but not that feasible. So, we recommend you to go for the best and most professional BitResQ Solution as mentioned above. Hence, make the most out of it to delete and rebuild OST file in Outlook.