How to Backup Yahoo Mail to Hard Drive? Best Archive Procedure
Overview: This blog post discusses the methods on how to backup Yahoo mail to hard drive or any other local storage. The scenarios where the user might want to archive emails from Yahoo to computer are discussed here. Read complete blog and stay tuned with us for more information.
Users Query: Hello! I’m Elena. I’ve been using Yahoo Mail for the last 4 or 5 years. Now, I have a lot of emails and it’s hard for me to handle all of them. I’m thinking of backing up yahoo mail to hard drive. This way I will be able to manage my emails and get some storage space. But the main problem is that I don’t know how to perform this task. Is there any solid solution that I can use to accomplish this task? If yes, please suggest.
– Elena, Washington DC
What is the Requirement of Backup Yahoo Emails to Hard Drive
There are multiple reasons due to which users find need for this procedure. A few common need is mentioned below:
- Sometimes, Yahoo users have to face issues of hacking or breaching.
- There are many times when users’ information was leaked due to unusual activities.
- Downloading Yahoo mail attachments was another reason for this procedure.
- Most of the times users face the mail server going down issues and unable to access their important database of the mailbox.
- Yahoo Login issues were another reason for the users.
- Some users need to save Yahoo email to PDF format for forensic purposes.
Manual Approach for How to Backup Yahoo Mail to Hard Drive ?
There are a number of approaches that can help users in performing this task. Let’s have a look on one method:
- First, copy your emails individually and paste it into Word and save the email messages.
- After that, save a single email message at a time in PDF file from Yahoo mail to local drive.
- Thereafter, user have to setup Yahoo mail to any desktop email client like Outlook or Thunderbird with the help of POP/IMAP settings.
- Then, forward emails from Yahoo mail account to different email addresses.
- User can archive Yahoo emails on the local disk as well.
What are the Limitations of Using Manual Technique?
There are multiple limitations of using the manual method, which the user has to face at the time of using this method:
- Users need to have another mailing account for taking backup. Therefore, the user has to deal with both the accounts at the same time in order to forward those emails from one to another.
- If the user has archived multiple emails then it will take a lot of time to complete the entire process through this method. Users will have to invest a lot of time in backing up Yahoo email to hard drive.
- There are chances that the user may not be able to backup the attachments along with the emails. So, in that case, the user will lose the attachments and cannot back up the entire data.
Best Automated Approach for Backup Yahoo Mail to Hard Drive
To overcome these limitations users can make use of professional solutions. With this tool, users can save time and effort. By using BitResQ Software user can easily accomplish this task. Users won’t lose a digit of information during this archive process. It is very simple that any novice user can also comprehend and use this tool to accomplish this task. The tool always maintains the metadata and folders hierarchy as it does in Yahoo accounts. Moreover, users can delete thousands of emails from Yahoo Mail after backup emails.
This software is completely safe and secure to create the copy Yahoo Mail folders to hard drive. It retains attributes in exact form after completion of backing up Yahoo email to hard drive procedure.
The above write-up mentioned solution for backup Yahoo Mail to Hard Drive in brief. Multiple users were facing issues in this procedure. The method to archive yahoo emails to hard drive through manual and professional solutions has been mentioned here. Users can make use of any solution which is suitable for them. But we will suggest using an automated solution for the completion of the task. By this user will not have to face any drawbacks.
We hope this blog sound helpful to you.
Also Read: Best Way to Backup Gmail Email Account