Office 365 Backup Best Practices to Follow
Which Office 365 backup is best practices. If you have a large number of emails from a variety of different accounts to back up? There are a plethora of options available. However, not all of them will meet your requirements in terms of security and usefulness.
Office 365 is the most advanced service offered inside Microsoft 365 – yet, it does not include a backup solution for the data stored in your Outlook 365 account. It has been projected that over 81 percent of data loss in Office 365 comes as a result of minor mistakes made by the end-user themselves.
So, companies and individuals are required to back up their data manually to protect them from a variety of threats ranging from human mistakes to significant data breaches.
in this write-up, we will show you the best way to backup Office 365 email both with and without the usage of an administrator account.
Also Refer: How to Save Office 365 Emails Locally?
Best Way to Backup Office 365 Email: Free Techniques
Here we will show you all possible and free techniques to take Office 365 backup best practices. Here we will take the help of the eDiscovery server, Outlook email client.
Method 1: Outlook 365 Backup with eDiscovery
- First login into the eDiscovery with your Office 365 login details.
- Now click on the “Permission” >> Admin Roles >> Discovery Management >> Mailbox Import-Export and then click on the “Save”.
- Press on the “Compliance Management” and then “in-place eDiscovery & hold” tab and then choose “New (+)”.
- Now save the name and description according to you and then click on the “Next” button.
- Choose the folder as per your needs for Office 365 backup best practices.
- Apply filters according to your needs and then the “Next” icon.
- After the complete process, a pop-up will appear on the screen, lastly, click on the “Run” icon.
Now you will obtain an all backup in pst file. Many users feel that this is the Office 365 backup best practice. But just for those people who have admin login information.
Also Read: How to Delete all Emails from Office 365?
Method 2: By Using MS Outlook Email Client
First, you have to connect your Outlook 365 account to Outlook. After that, follow the steps, which are mentioned below:
- Start your Outlook application.
- Now click on the File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- After that, click on the “Export to a file” and then choose “Next”.
- Then choose “Outlook Data File(.pst)” from the list.
- Now select the required folders and then press on the “Next”.
- Browse the location and lastly click on the “Finish” icon.
Limitations Users will Face During the Process
- A high level of technical expertise is necessary.
- Both approaches create PST files, to access these files, you must have Outlook installed on your computer.
- It is a time-consuming and lengthy procedure.
- If you make one mistake, your whole data set will be lost.
- Errors may occur, and you will need to repeat the process to avoid more complications.
As you can see, it is really difficult. During the manual procedure, you may encounter several difficulties. So, you should seek the assistance of any third-party tool for Office 365 backup best practices.
Direct Solution for Office 365 Backup Best Practices
The BitResQ utility is the most effective method of backing up Office 365 email. For best practices in Office 365 backup, the software comes highly suggested by the experts. Outlook 365 back-ups are made possible by the software’s incredible capabilities. Users have the option of creating a backup of their whole email and folders.
It is possible for users to create backups in any of the needed file formats, including MSG, MBOX, PDF, and other formats. Users may also export data such as emails, contacts, calendars, notes, and other types of information.
Office 365 is a wonderful platform for collaboration, communication, and data storage, and there is no question about that. However, you cannot completely depend on Microsoft’s security to keep your information safe.
So, making frequent backups is critical for protecting your data at every step of the process. This article discusses recommended Office 365 backup best practices, as well as an alternate option that allows you to back up many mailboxes at the same time using incremental backup.