How to Repair Corrupted OST File in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013?
Working with the Offline Outlook data file (.ost) comes with situations when OST becomes inaccessible. It can happen either because of corruption, or inaccessibility. However, the reason could be many, but fixing them at the right time will be helpful. So, today, in this article, we will discuss how to repair corrupted OST file.
Besides of several functions, OST files can be damaged because of various circumstances. So, if the OST file is corrupt and you are unable to repair Outlook OST file. Then, no worries, you will get all possible solutions here to fix the OST file.
This is the complete guide to fix errors that have been detected in the file Outlook.ost file.
First, let’s have a look at the various causes of OST file corruption.
How Outlook OST File Becomes Damaged?
A few of the reasons which affect the OST file and lead to the corruption are –
- Virus attacks or Malware attacks in Outlook OST file.
- Moreover, if you improperly shut down the Outlook application, it may lead to the corruption of the OST file.
- Likewise, sometimes, the OST file size becomes the reason for corruption. The more OST file size increases the more corruption chances are increased.
- Along with these, the incompatibility of any third-party Outlook Add-Ins affects the OST file.
- Similarly, if there are any major errors in the hard drive. It will result in a damaged Outlook OST file.
Therefore, it is your primary duty to repair corrupted OST file.
Possible Approaches to Repair Corrupted Outlook OST File
There are two approaches available to repair damaged OST file, these are –
Repair Corrupted OST File Using ScanPST.EXE Manually
ScanPST.exe is an in-built tool provided by the Microsoft. As even the Microsoft has been facing issues while working with the OST file. So, this tool will repair damaged OST files of MS Outlook. As it is provided by Microsoft, therefore it is located in the Office folder when you install them.
Hence, using this Inbox repair tool helps you to get back the entire data of the OST file in an earlier state. Additionally, there is no compatibility issue while working with any Outlook version. So, using it can be the easiest task.
But, the bad news is that it will only fix the minor corruption errors of the Outlook OST file.
Guidelines to Use Inbox Repair Tool (ScanPST.EXE)
So, to repair corrupted OST file, you need to perform the below-mentioned steps carefully –
First of all, just locate the SCANPST tool by the following path in your respective Outlook version
- In Outlook 2019 –
:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\
In Outlook 2016 –
:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16
In Outlook 2013 –
:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
In Outlook 2010 –
:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
In Outlook 2007 –
:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
- Once you locate the SCANPST utility, just double click on it
- As a result, the Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair Tool wizard will open on the screen. Here, browse the respective corrupted OST file. Then, hit the Start button to begin the scanning process of the OST file
- Now, in the next pop-up, it will ask you to either make backup of the scanned file before repairing it or not
- So, if you want it just check the Checkbox and hit the Repair button. It will eventually repair OST file.
How to Fix Damaged Outlook.ost File Using Automated Method?
If the manual approach fails to repair corrupted OST file, then you should move to the automated solution. For this, we recommend you to choose the BitResQ Recovery for Outlook OST file. It will help you to easily fix damaged OST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2013.
We are suggesting this tool because of its advanced scanning techniques. As it will automatically scan the OST file if you don’t remember the file path. After scanning, you can perform the steps and repair all emails, contacts, and other data of the OST file.
Also, there will be no size restriction, which means even if the OST file is large in size. With the help of this utility, you can fix errors that have been detected in the Outlook.ost file.
So, if there are minor errors or major errors, this application will fix them and provide a healthy file.
Because of the severe errors, you might not be able to access the OST file. The errors could be the corruption of the Outlook OST file. So, in this article, we have mentioned manual and proven automated methods to repair corrupted OST file. Using them you can easily fix damaged OST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2013. But, in case the manual method fails, then we suggest you to choose only the Professional solution. As this will repair OST file within a few simple steps. Moreover, you will not have to download the MS Outlook application for using it. So, implement all the simple steps and you will get a healthy file again.