Resolve MSG File Not Associated With Outlook Mail Issue
July 8th, 2022 ~ Tips ~ 5 Minutes Reading
We all know that the MSG file format is a single email that is created by MS Outlook or MS Exchange. These .msg files can be either text messages or any image with a message. But, sometimes, problem arise when it starts throwing messages like “MSG file not associated with Outlook”. Therefore, today we have come up with a solution to fix this issue without losing data.
So, in this article, today, we will be discussing the best way to resolve this MSG file cannot associate with Outlook. Going through these methods, you will be able to understand what should be done next time you will face such situations.
Reasons for MSG File Not Associated with Outlook
There are multiple causes that may affect the MSG file and due to this, you may not access your MSG file, like –
- When MS Outlook is not configured properly in your system.
- Moreover, sometimes when you try to open it, the MSG file already running in Outlook.
- Additionally, when you try to access it but you don’t have the proper or right access to your MSG file. Then, it starts throwing MSG file cannot associate with Outlook error on the window.
- Likewise, the issue arises when you want to open MSG file without MS Outlook generated in an ANSI file using an older version of Outlook.
Possible Solutions to Fix this Severe Issue of MSG Files
To resolve this MSG file not associated with Outlook issue, you can use any of the below methods-
Now, without any delay let us focus on each method very carefully.
Manual Strategy to Access MSG File
You can fix this MSG file not associated with Outlook issue manually. For this, you just need to change the .msg format which was created by UNICODE to ANSI format. So, just drag and drop the Outlook email to your computer and follow these manual steps –
For MS Outlook 2003 and 2007
- First, navigate to the Tools, then click on the Options
- Next, mouse-click on the Advanced Options tab to fix the MSG file cannot associate with Outlook
- After that, hit the disable option: Use the UNICODE Message format when saving messages.
For Microsoft Outlook 2010 and Latest Versions
- In the first step, go to the File menu and then tap on the Options bar.
- Secondly, just select the Mail tab and click on the Section option
- Then, save Messages and click on Disable option: Use UNICODE format.
Note: For resolving MSG file no longer associate with Outlook, you must have the Proper Outlook application configuration.
Proven & Free Strategy to Fix MSG File Not Associated With Outlook
There is a solution that will help you to resolve this issue without any help from MS Outlook. Using BitResQ Outlook MSG file Viewer Tool you can easily fix MSG file cannot associate with Outlook issues. It will let you open any number of MSG files without any data change or loss.
The best thing about this solution is totally free of cost, so, in this way, you don’t need to pay a single penny. Additionally, using this automated software will be an easy task because of its simple graphical interface. So, in that way, even a novice user can use this freeware application. It will allow you to upload one or unlimited MSG files while resolving this MSG file no longer associate with Outlook.
Guide for MSG File no Longer Associate with MS Outlook
First of all, download the free application from above as per your operating machine, then, follow the steps –
- Launch the mentioned tool to resolve MSG file not associate with Outlook
- Then, choose Select a Folder option from the appeared window
- Now, view whatever MSG file you need to access or want to check its data with attached files
- Additionally, you can go for the Advance search option to find out a particular MSG files.
In this article, we have discussed the reasons and solutions for the most asked query “MSG file not associated with Outlook”. You may be facing this issue because of any reason as shared above. So, use any of the mentioned solutions and get rid of this issue ASAP. However, we would suggest you to go for the free automated solution or if you want to use the file in a different format then you can go for the other proven software to resolve MSG files will not associated with Outlook issue.