How to Repair Exchange Mailbox Database Corruption?
May 6th, 2022 ~ Repair ~ 6 Minutes Reading
Being a popular email server it is very important to keep an eye on the Exchange database. But sometimes due to errors or technical glitches, the Exchange mailbox may get corrupted. As many organizations uses the Exchange Server to store thousands of mailboxes to keep records. They also face issues while using it. Hence, the primary and mandatory task is to repair Exchange mailbox.
So, today, we will be discussing the same issue for repairing Exchange 2010 mailbox corruption.
However, fixing Exchange mailbox corruption can be a difficult task to perform. Or even in most cases, it’s hard to repair them completely because of the Exchange Server environment.
Therefore, to learn about the different solutions just keep reading this article till the end. But, before going further to the solution for Exchange, let’s talk about the causes behind it.
Few Causes for Corrupted Exchange Database
When there is some kind of corruption in the Exchange mailbox it means the EDB file has been having an issue. As its EDB file contains all the required mailbox items, including emails, contacts, notes, etc. So, we are sharing what can cause Exchange mailbox database errors –
- Virus attacks can affect the EDB file which eventually affects the mailbox.
- Similarly, if somehow there is an improper system shutdown then it also becomes the reason for the damaged mailbox.
- Moreover, if there is any missing database object then the admin will not be able to access the particular Exchange mailbox.
- Sometimes, the log files get missing or there are some differences between other logs. So, these differences lead to the Exchange database corruption. In this situation, it starts showing Error 515: “JET_errInvalidLogSequence”.
- The mailbox corruption can happen due to the Page-level corruption in the EDB file. As a result, it starts throwing Error 1018: “JET_errReadVerifyFailure”.
- Likewise, the premature exit of Eseutil /p at the time of recreating B-trees directly can be another reason. Due to this, the Error 1605: “Operation terminated with error -1605 (JET_errKeyDuplicate, Illegal duplicate key) after xxx.xxx seconds.” Keeps throwing on Exchange mailbox.
Just like them, there are other reasons available that affect the Exchange mailbox. So, if you take the step to repair Exchange mailbox at the right time, then you can be saved from severe data loss.
Therefore, in the next section, we are going to discuss the best possible methods to repair user mailbox exchange 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019.
Solutions to Fix Exchange Mailbox Corruption
To repair Exchange mailbox you can use the given methods –
- Using New-MailboxRepairRequest Command Manually
- Manually Fix Exchange Corruption Through ESEUTIL
- Automated and Quick Solution
Now, let’s just properly understand manual and automated solutions in the next section.
Repair Exchange Mailbox Using New-MailboxRepairRequest Command
You can easily repair user mailbox Exchange 2010, 2010, 2016, and 2019 through New-MailboxRepairRequest Command. It is basically a PowerShell command to repair minor corruption errors of the Exchange mailbox. By using it you can fix the error of Folder View, Search Folder, and other errors in the Exchange mailbox database.
So, to read about it in detail you can check and know how to run this New-MailboxRepairRequest command. Use it and repair corrupt Exchange mailboxes. Once you are done with the repairing process, then you can run the Get-MailboxRepairRequest PowerShell command. So that, you will get a repair request report.
There is another method that you can opt as we are discussing in the upcoming segment.
How to Fix Exchange Mailbox Corruption With ESEUTIL?
In this segment, we will tell you how to repair Exchange mailbox database using the in-built tool of Microsoft. Yes, Microsoft launched a tool just to repair the corruption in the Exchange mailbox. It is called an ESEUTIL repair tool for fixing Exchange 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010 mailbox corruption errors.
Using this tool, you will be able to get back the different folders in the Exchange mailbox. To run ESEUTIL, just navigate to the default location. To know more about it you can go through how to use the ESEUTIL repair tool.
Point to Remember: Once you finish repairing corrupted Exchange mailbox, just save the entire data into PST format. Then, use it later.
Limitations of Both Manual Methods
As we have mentioned above both methods can be used to fix Exchange mailbox corruption. But, both methods come along with limitations, these are –
- Both methods can take a lot of time to complete the repairing process.
- Moreover, both methods need high-end technical knowledge. So, if you are a novice user then it will be quite difficult to repair Exchange mailbox database.
- ESEUTIL will need a lot of storage to fix the corruption of Exchange data.
Repair Exchange Mailbox Using Professional Method
As we have mentioned a few drawbacks of both manual methods in the above section. But both of them are not accurate enough for repairing corrupt user mailbox Exchange 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010. Hence, to overcome all of them,
we’ve come up with a great solution.
For your information, this is the perfect solution when it comes to repair highly corrupted Exchange mailbox. Hence, we recommend you to go for the BitResQ Recovery for Exchange mailbox. Use this professionally tested tool to get back all your important data.
So, through this tool, you can repair the entire mailbox of the Exchange Server easily. Here, you get multiple advanced functions that make the task easy.
All you need to provide the Exchange Server user credentials and you are good to go. Moreover, it will help you to remove any kind of encryption from the Exchange mailbox. But, if you want to go for the demo version first then you can avail the free trial.
Today, in this article, you got the solutions to repair Exchange mailbox which got corrupted or damaged. Here, we have mentioned manual tricks along with their limitations. On the other hand, you also get a professional program as BitResQ Software. This automated tool will repair corrupted mailbox of Exchange 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010. That’s why we recommend you to go for this utility to fix Exchange mailbox corruption. As this will repair your entire Exchange database within a few clicks.