Free Solution to Export Gmail Contacts with Complete Details
February 19th, 2022 ~ Export ~ 5 Minutes Reading
Is your Google contact list full? You want to export your Gmail Contacts to other file formats. If yes, then this blog will be helpful for you. This is the right decision to save your contacts in a different format. In this way, you can store all your contacts and users’ information in a single file.
We have written an informative article to export all your Gmail contacts to three different formats. Before going to the solution, let’s take a look at the user’s query that we received from our support team:
“Hello, I am the manager of the IT Company. I have saved 200+ contacts in my Gmail account. My boss assigned a product to me. That’s why I need to send all employees’ contact numbers with information to the boss. So, I need to export Gmail contacts in a reliable format. Does anyone have any solution so that I can export all my contacts in one go without spending any money? Please let me know.”
Also Read: How to Download Gmail Emails to Hard Drive?
Benefits of Exporting Contacts from Gmail
We all know that Gmail is the most widely used email client all over the world. Its interface is simple to understand. Most people save their contacts in Gmail, but the free version of Gmail has some limitations.
If you don’t want to lose your contacts, then it is the right option to export Gmail contacts to another format for backup purposes. You can also backup Gmail Email account. Choose according to your needs. Google gives you three options to export your contacts, such as Google CSV, Outlook CSV, and vCard (for iOS Contacts).
Without wasting a minute, let’s begin the procedure to save all Google contacts.
How to Export Gmail Contacts Manually?
- Firstly, open your Gmail account on your machine
- Secondly, press the Nine Grid option in the upper right corner
- Select the Contact option, as you see in the screenshot
- After that, all your contacts appear on the screen
- Next, click on the Export option from the left panel
- Then, you will see the three options that will appear: Google CSV, Outlook CSV, and vCard (for iOS contacts). Select any one option according to your needs
- Hit the Export button to export your Gmail contacts.
Solution to Import Gmail Email to Office 365
What Next for Google Contacts?
After exporting all the contacts, it automatically creates .csv file with any name you have given it, like contact.csv. It doesn’t need to browse the location. Double-click on the exported contact file to open it.
After that, you will notice that many of the columns are empty. Don’t take stress. You can manage your contact file according to your needs. Unwanted, unnecessary columns that are not important to you can be deleted without any second thought.
All three options are the same, there is very little difference between all three. If you want to import a CSV file into Outlook, then choose Outlook CSV. If you want to create a .vcf file, then choose the vCard option.
Know the importance of a CSV file. To keep your knowledge up-to-date with additional information.
Advantages of CSV File Format
There are numerous benefits to using an Excel sheet, which we will discuss below:
- It is the standard file format and supports the vast majority of apps.
- You can easily split up data across different columns.
- Provide a search and filter option to find a specific contact.
- All contact information is saved in a separate row and column, so it’s easy to read.
- It’s easy to reformat and rearrange data.
But with the manual solution, there are some drawbacks to export Gmail contacts.
Drawbacks of Manual Method to Export Contacts
Free manual methods are easy, but they come with many disadvantages. Examine the drawbacks of the free method:
- Many steps must be taken for this process to be successful.
- Exporting contacts from a Google account is a difficult process.
- One wrong step would mean losing your contact information and details.
- After the vCard selection, you can see the contact information one by one. If you have more than 100 contacts, you need to click the next button repeatedly to see the contacts.
- Apart from that, it is a lengthy and time-consuming process.
Prominent Solution to Export Gmail Contacts
As we see in the above section, the manual approach is easy and simple, but it comes with many limitations. No one wants to lose your contacts and contact information. So, to prevent manual limitations, use BitResQ Software. This software is capable of exporting all your Gmail contacts with a few clicks.
In addition, this software allows you to manage your contacts in a professional manner. It preserves all your contact details and, without modifying your text, it easily exports contacts from Gmail. However, it is compatible with all the latest and previous Windows versions, including Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, etc. The advanced feature of the software is that it can convert a lot of Gmail contacts at once without having any problems.
We have explained both manual and automatic solutions to export Gmail contacts. It is entirely up to you which solution you choose. But we recommend you go with a professional solution and avoid manual limitations.