How to Manually Merge Multiple Outlook PST Files into One?
Merging multiple Outlook PST files can be a topic of concern for many users. Especially, those who are not from technical backgrounds. In this write-up, we will understand the method of “how to merge multiple Outlook PST files into one manually”. Here, the merging can be performed on different versions of Outlook files like 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007.
In this digital age, Outlook has become one of the most opted and reliable email clients in the world. Usually, businesses and individuals use this to send and receive emails. Besides this, it also acts as a communication platform. Moreover, it enables the user to store all their emails, contacts, calendars, notes, journals, and other available info.
Generally, Outlook stores the above list data in PST format. However, you could experience a situation, where you have numerous PST files. Now, the question is how to manage this lot. Don’t worry, in such a scenario, our mentioned below techniques will be your torch of hope.
Before jumping into the main context, let’s first understand a brief about the underlying benefits of merging PST files into one. Or why the users are interested to combine two Outlook data files?
Benefits of Merging Multiple Outlook PST Files into One
- This can be a boon for the old account users to merge multiple Outlook PST files into one.
- When you are backing up your files, merging PST files is an efficient method.
- Consider merging your data, if you are willing to switch to a new device.
- When you are working with a team, family member, or group, there would be a lot of files to handle. Then, merging the files is an excellent choice to manage these files.
- It can be possible to lose your mailbox files, which can be inimical in many aspects. Even in such cases, the preferable option is to merge PST files in Outlook to prevent the same.
From the above points, we can comprehend why merging multiple Outlook PST files is ideal. Hence, we can conclude that a favorable option will be a merged single file. Despite a series of sets of files. Besides the aforementioned points, there can be several additional points. But after going through a brief overview of the advantages, now let’s understand the main context i.e. how can you merge multiple PST files into one PST file?
Steps to Merge Multiple Outlook PST Files
From the following, you will come to know how to merge multiple PST files into one file by using Outlook. Hence, make sure, you are logged in to your Outlook account properly. The following is divided into two sections, first creating a New PST file in Outlook. The next is to import Outlook data to a new PST file.
Step 1: Make a New PST File in Outlook
- Open the Outlook software on your machine to begin the merging process.
- In the Outlook window, press on the “Home” tab → “New Items” → “More Items” →“Outlook Data File”.
- Select a location to save the blank PST file and press on the “OK” icon.
Now you have devised a new PST file.
Step 2: Combine the .pst files into the newly created blank .pst file
To begin the merging of PST files into the new file created above, follow the steps given below:
- In the Outlook window, press File → Open → Import
- Now, a new Import and Export Wizard will appear. From the available options, choose the fifth one i.e. “Import from another program or file”.
- Click on Next
- Choose the file type “Outlook Data File (.pst)” to import from
- Click on Next
- Click on Browse to locate the file i.e. to be imported
- Click on Next
- Tick the Include subfolders box
- Check the “Import items into the same folder in:” option to execute the process in the same location
- Click on Finish
By following these steps, you will import the PST file to the folder you specified. Further, to import other PSTs, repeat the same steps. Once all the files are imported, then their data can be merged into a single PST. The resultant larger PST file can be exported to any machine to access all mailbox information.
Best Alternative on How to Merge Multiple PST Files into One
The above manual method is quite simple but requires considerable time and effort. Meanwhile, it may or may not deliver the expected results as per your needs. At the beginning of the article, we discussed how the article will be beneficial for non-technical users. Especially, those who are not familiar with Outlook wizards or other technical aspects.
In such a scenario, you can use the BitResQ Tool to join PST files together. This software comes with a user-friendly and simple interface. And also, our adept developers created this with a blend of unique algorithms and strategies. As a result, you can rely on this software to merge PST files in Outlook one at a time.
After going through the article, you can deduce that the manual technique can be complex and time-consuming as there are several steps involved. On the other hand, a simple human error can delay the whole process. Hence, due to these reasons, many Outlook users rely on and believe in the credibility of BitResQ Utility. All the Outlook versions such as 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007, are supported in this tool. In a nutshell, now we know “How to Merge Multiple Outlook PST Files into One Manually?”.