How to Extract Contacts from Outlook OST File on Windows OS?
July 2nd, 2023 ~ 4 Minutes Reading
Summary: Do you want to protect your contacts in any other document on Windows OS by taking them out from the OST file? Are you looking for a solution to extract contacts from OST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2013? So, if you also want the same answer, then, this article is for you.
Contacts are the most important data of our daily life to communicate. But, what if they are lost? Therefore, to protect them, and to have a backup of all the required contacts it is better to extract address book from OST file.
But, sometimes, the OST file gets affected with some errors, due to which either it becomes corrupted or orphaned. So, what to do in that case? Therefore, we will be discussing all the possible approaches to take out the required contacts from the Outlook OST file on Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7 OS.
Possible Solutions to Extract Contacts from OST File
Here, we will talk about two possible solutions for extracting the address book from the OST file-
Now, let’s understand these solutions for taking out required contacts from Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2013 OST file on Windows OS.
Manually Extract Address Book from Outlook OST File
To extract all the required addresses book contacts from a healthy OST file, follow the steps given below –
1. So, to perform this extracting contacts task manually, open MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013
2. Then, just mouse-click on the File tab from the main menu
3. Select Open & Export and then Import/Export to extract all contacts from OST file
4. Now, from the Import and Export Wizard, select the Export to a file from the given options
5. Here, choose the Comma Separated Values from the Create a file of type section
6. Now, just choose the required OST file folder you want your contacts from, hit the Next button
7. After this, Browse the destination folder to preserve the extracted contacts file. Here, assign its name accordingly
8. Tap on the Map Custom Fields for the selection of the fields. Here, if you just want to extract address book from a single OST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, or 2013, then hit the Clear Map
9. To move further, click on the OK button. To finish the entire OST file contacts extraction process on Windows OS, hit the Finish button.
Important Note: If you want to extract your OST file address book list into Outlook PST format then you can opt for another option. To know more go through the “Export Data from OST File to PST” to understand better.
Extract Contacts from OST File Automatically on Windows OS
In case, if you have any inaccessible or orphaned OST file from which you want to extract contacts. Then, it cannot be possible with the manual method. Therefore, to extract address book from OST file which is either corrupted or orphaned. We suggest you to go for the best and tested by top professionals BitResQ OST File Converter Utility.
Because this is the program that will help you to take out all the contacts from Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 OST file. Moreover, it allows you to complete this contacts extraction process without any data modification. That mean, you will get all your contact information in the earlier form.
On top of this, it is a well-designed program that will extract batch contacts safely on all versions of Windows OS. That means you can easily take out contacts from healthy or unhealthy OST file in Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7 OS.
The extraction of the contacts from the Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 OST file can be needed in many situations.
That’s why we have shared all possible methods to extract contacts from OST file in this article. But, the manual method that we have suggested only works when the OST file is totally healthy. In case, there is an error in the OST file, either if it is corrupted or orphaned, then you can’t take the help of the manual method. Therefore, we recommend you to go for the BitResQ Solution to extract address book from OST file in bulk. As this software is the best solution to take out all the required contacts safely on Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7 OS.