Why EML File Not Opening in Outlook 2007? Free Solution
February 28th, 2022 ~ Tips ~ 4 Minutes Reading
EML files are single text files and their file extension is .eml. Many email clients creating EML files, but we find that many users are looking for answers to “EML file not opening in Outlook 2007“.
Outlook is now the most used email client in the world. There are many important benefits for using a Microsoft Outlook desktop email client to manage email more efficiently. Whether you use it at home for personal communication or at work for professional communication. It is a full-featured application for professional data management.
For better understanding, We are talking about real-time problems faced by users.
“I was deleting some extra stuff from my laptop and I found lots of EML files. Without seeing the data, I can’t delete them. Currently, I am using Outlook 2007 edition. So, I tried to open an EML file in Outlook via the drag & drop method, but it showed me an error. My question is, why EML file not opening in Outlook 2007? Please give me an answer and suggest how I can see my EML file data.”
Just like this user, many of you may want to know the answers why it is happening and what can be done to fix this error. So, in the next section we will be discussing the reasons for the same.
Reasons Why EML File Not Opening in Outlook 2007?
- As we all know, that the EML file is a single file format. It only supports Thunderbird, eM Client, Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express, and DreamMail.
- On the other hand, the MS Outlook stores its data in PST and OST file formats. Its single message is saved in MSG format.
Now, as you know the basic reason for the said error, so let’s just skip to the solutions to fix it.
Manual Method to Fix the Error With “Open With” Option
Truly speaking, there is no option to open an EML file in Outlook directly. Because Outlook is not a supported application for EML files. So, to solve EML file not opening in Outlook 2007, you can try this manual approach.
But, still there is a way that you can try to get rid of this error, follow the below steps to do so-
- Firstly, right-click on the EML file on your computer
- Secondly, select “Open with” >> then the Outlook (desktop) option
- Now, choose the Move To option from the menu bar of Outlook and select any required existing folder
- Repeat the entire process to fix the said error in Outlook for each EML file.
Major Limitations of Manual Approach
However, you can access the EML file in MS Outlook but it comes with some major drawbacks –
- You cannot see all your attachments with this manual approach.
- After opening the EML file in MS Outlook, it will not maintain the email hierarchy.
- Moreover, it displays an error message when you try to view attachments of the EML file.
- For that, you will need to repeat the entire process again and again.
- Even by performing this method, you might lose some data from your EML file.
Professionally Resolve Why EML File Not Opening in Outlook 2007
You see, manual approach is not able to solve your query perfectly. Sometimes they show you errors after completing a few steps. So, to get rid of these errors, we will provide you a straightforward and a professional solution.
BitResQ EML File Converter Application is a reliable and standalone solution to avoid these manual restrictions. With this program, you can directly open EML files in Outlook without wasting your precious time and effort.
This software is designed with an advanced algorithm to solve your problem of EML files. It will maintain all email hierarchies after completing the process. It allows you to save multiple EML files in Outlook without any data loss.
Moreover, as it is a standalone tool, hence, you don’t need to install or need of Microsoft Outlook application. Because this smart enough to work on its own. Even just after this you can extract and preserve the output file at any location with different naming convention options.
Many users may be looking for an answer for “EML file not opening in Outlook 2007“. In this blog, we have explained everything about “Why is the EML file not opening in MS Outlook?” and “How to open it manually?“. However, the manual method as mentioned above is not much feasible and comes with drawbacks. That’s why later we’ve suggested a professional and a reliable solution for you.