How to Import Multiple EML Files into Outlook?
February 26th, 2022 ~ Import ~ 5 Minutes Reading
Don’t know how to import multiple EML files into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and other versions? If so, don’t worry. In this article, we will show you one of the best and easiest techniques to import EML files into Microsoft Outlook.
Many people use email clients that support the EML format, such as Outlook Express, Windows (Live) Mail, Thunderbird, or Lotus / IBM Notes, and almost always store their data in EML format.
However, some users require the ability to import large EML files into MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and other older versions.
Because, as we all know, Outlook has many capabilities that are far superior to those offered by competitive email clients. Many users are trying to import data from other email clients into Outlook.
Approaches to Import Multiple EML Files into Outlook
Here we are going to show you different techniques that will help you in this task-
Open EML Files into Microsoft Outlook Manually
- First of all, Right Click on a EML file
- Select Open with Outlook option from the given options
- Now, preview EML in Outlook, mouse-click on Move button
- After that, just move the EML File in Desired Folder
- Keep repeating the task for each EML files
- For doing this method, you must repeat the entire process for every EML file.
- As a result, it takes a long time to process.
- EML file structure and layout are not preserved.
- While using it, the formatting of EML file will not be the same.
Import Using Windows Live Mail Manually
Important Note: If you are using Windows XP, you can use this method. Because now windows live mail only supports Windows XP.
We will first import an orphaned EML file into Windows Live Mail, then import multiple EML files into Outlook.
Step 1: Import EML Files
- Open Windows Live Mail on windows XP
- Just after that, tap “File” >> “Import Message” from the list
- Choose “Windows Live Mail” >> “Next” button
- Now browse the location of EML files and press on the “Next” icon
- After that, select the folder in which you want to import and the “OK” icon
Step 2: Sync Windows Live Mail to Outlook
- Open Windows Live Mail on your machine
- Now click on the “File” tab >> “Export Option” >> “Email Messages”
- Next, select “MS Exchange” and Export option >> Next >> OK
- Now select the required email and click on the “Next”
- And enter the required details and “Finish”.
Finally, your process is complete and all EML files will appear in your Outlook account.
- Windows live mail has now been discontinued. Therefore, this technique can only be used by Windows XP users.
- The process will take a long time to complete.
- There is no guarantee that the process will work 100 percent.
Use Thunderbird Application For Importing EML File
Here we will show you Thunderbird to Outlook Migration to import EML files. All the steps are given below:
- First, drag and drop all EML files into Thunderbird
- After that, click on the Menu button or “ALT” key and choose “Tools” >> “Import” from the list
- And then select the required data and click on the “Next” icon
- Now choose Microsoft Outlook from the screen and click on the “Next” button
- Lastly, enter the needed details and press on the “Finish” icon.
Now that your Outlook is successfully configured in Thunderbird. Just select the EML file and right click and select the “Move to” option. Afterwards, choose your Microsoft Outlook account and select a folder.
All your EML files will now be imported into your Outlook account, but there are some limitations.
- Thunderbird and Outlook must be installed on your device.
- You will lose your data if unfortunately you do the wrong step.
- Sometimes you may encounter an error while configuring your account.
As you can see the manual mode has some limitations. So, do not waste your time on cheap techniques. We will provide a direct way to complete the this import task in the next section.
Import Multiple EML Files into Outlook Instantly
with comprehensive capabilities We recommend using BitResQ Converter Software for EML Files for large conversions. The software retains all email header information such as Bcc and To fields, as well as the date, content, and other properties.
Additionally, you can import as many EML files to Microsoft Outlook as you want at once. Moreover, you should not worry about the file size limits for importing EML files. This software has a very basic and easy-to-use interface. As a result, it is more suitable for technical and non-technical users.
Time to Say Goodbye
Microsoft Outlook is becoming more and more popular due to its usability and good performance. So, if you want to import .eml files into Outlook, the above instructions are great. It covers multiple methods on how to import multiple EML files into Outlook 2013, 2016, and 2019. So, use the most suited and a reliable solution and make the best out of it.