Quick Tips Explained to Solve the PST is Not Outlook Data File Issue
Summary: When trying to open or import the PST files in another Outlook account in a different system and you see this PST is not Outlook data file problem. The reasons for this type of error are discussed in this article. Additionally, it covers how to resolve the PST file is not an Outlook data file problem. A sophisticated PST repair programme is also mentioned in order to fix the corrupt PST file.
During the importing of data files in a different machine, you get an error message “PST is not Outlook data file” Well, some issues had occurred and in this article, we will be addressing those issues and discussing some solutions to make the process successful by fixing the issues.
Table of Content
- Reasons for getting the error message.
- Two simple Methods to Resolve the issue.
- A quick-Step solution to fix the error
Why a User Gets this Error Message?
Here are the reasons for the data file getting corrupted which results in showing the error PST is not an Outlook data file when importing PST files:
- Due to improper Outlook Application termination
- Virus attacks could be the reason for .pst file corruption.
- Hard Drive has bad sectors,
- Exceeding the size limit which results in the PST file being oversized.
The fact that all mailbox data is stored in an a.pst file if the Outlook client is not linked to an Exchange mailbox may be another factor. Therefore, there is no need to export data to an Outlook Personal Folder file. This is due to the fact that data loss and the aforementioned error will occur if data is exported to a PST file from a PST file that has already been created and accessed.
Check the “Read-Only Status” of the File to Fix the Issue PST is not Outlook Data File
There is a good probability that a file on a removable storage medium, such as a CD-ROM, portable hard drive, floppy disc, or another storage medium, is read-only. So, before copying the file to your computer, check the PST file attribute.
- From the context menu, select “Properties” when you right-click the file.
- Make sure the “Read-only” attribute is not chosen under the “General” tab in the new dialogue box.
- Next, open the Outlook programme and select the “File” menu.
- Next, select the “Open” tab. Next, select “Open Outlook Data.” In the new emerging window, browse to the destination folder where the PST file is located and double click the file to open it straightly.
Using ScanPST For Repairing the Files
Corruption of the Outlook data file is another crucial element besides te addition to import and read-only properties. So, if the error is still occurring, then the user should be concerned about the PST file’s integrity. The next step is to scan and fix the file using ScanPST, a free built-in tool.
- To begin, locate the ScanPST utility in the “C: Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice14” directory.
- To start the tool, double-click the icon.
- After selecting the PST file using the “Browse” option, click “Start” to scan it.
- When you reach the following screen and have gone through 8 phrases, click “Repair” to start the repair procedure.
- When it’s done, a pop-up message that says “Repair Complete” will appear.
Read M0re: Step-by-Step Guide to Move Outlook Data Files to Another Drive
Fix the PST is Not Outlook Data File Error Using the Automated Method
If none of the aforementioned fails to fix the error. Then use our Outlook Recovery Software to quickly resolve the issue notice ” PST is not an Outlook data file.” Any size of .pst can be scanned by the utility.
Additionally, it permits scanning badly corrupted and lost pst files and quickly resolves it. Both naive and experienced people can use this programme instantly and without any effort because of its user-friendly design. Additionally, it can fix Outlook data files. There are a few easy actions you must do in order to use this software.
Go through the tool steps to easily resolve the error permanently
- Download the tool and launch it to resolve the issue PST is not Outlook data file.
- After that, use the Add file option to select the PST file in the application panel
- A scanning process will be executed once files are added, Now, preview all the data files that are restored.
- Finally, choose a file format for saving all the repaired or recovered files. This is how users can fix all the corrupted files or repair them and avoid the error PST is not Outlook data file.
With the help of this blog we have addressed The error message “PST is not Outlook data file”. We have explained why the error occurs and what could be the possible solutions to fix this right. The first user can check the “Read Only status” of the PST file, we have discussed the steps to check it. Apart from that, corruption could be another cause and hence using the ScanPST tool can be used to repair those files and fix the error. Moreover, we have also discussed professional software which makes the process of solving the issue easier