How to Import Google Takeout to New Account?
February 18th, 2022 ~ Import ~ 5 Minutes Reading
“It’s been a year since I left my prior job, where I was using my Gmail account for professional business purposes. So, I simply export the data using Google Takeout and save it as an MBOX file. It is only after a year that I will need such information. So, I’m seeking a way to import an MBOX file into a new Gmail account that I’ve created. Could someone perhaps recommend a suitable tool for me?”
Are you also, one of them who are looking for the best and free technique to import Google Takeout to new account? If yes, then don’t worry. In this write-up, you will get complete information and step by step guide to import Google Takeout to new Gmail account.
As we know Google Takeout is a tool provided by Google Inc. That allows you to download Google account data — emails, contacts, images, movies, and so on – and package it all together in a simple .zip or .tgz file for easy storage. Once you have extracted the data from the zipped archive file, you will have information in the MBOX format. This is an excellent alternative for storing a copy of Gmail data to computer hard drive.
Free Ways to Import Google Takeout Files into New Gmail Account
- Enable IMAP in Gmail account.
- Download ImportExportTools NG in Thunderbird.
Step 1: Enable IMAP in Gmail Account
- Open Gmail account and click on the Gear (Settings) >> “See All Settings” icon
- Now select the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” option and from the “IMAP Access” >> Enable IMAP and save the changes.
Step 2: Download ImportExportTools NG in Thunderbird
- Open Thunderbird email client and click on the “ALT” key
- Now click on the “Tools” icon and choose the “Add Ons & Themes” option
- Now search “ImportExportTools NG” in the search box, and now click on the “Add to Thunderbird” and restart the application again.
How to Import Google Takeout to New Account?
After completing the preparations, here we will show you the complete steps to import Google Takeout files into new Gmail account. All steps are given below:
Important Note: First you have to create a new folder in your google mail account before starting the conversion.
Step 1: Import Google Takeout files into Thunderbird
- Open Thunderbird email client
- And right click on the left panel >> “ImportExportTools NG” Option >> “Import MBOX File” option
- Now a pop-up, will appear, and select the “Import Directly one or more MBOX files” >> “OK” button
- After that, browse the Google Takeout files and click on the “Open” icon.
After completing the procedure, you will get a folder on the left panel of the Google Takeout file.
Step 2: Connect New Account to Thunderbird
- Once Again, in Thunderbird click the “ALT” key
- And click on the “Tools” >> “Account Settings” from the list
- Now from the “Account Settings” tab, press on the “Account Actions” >> “Add Mail Account” option
- Now enter the login details of a new account and click on the “Continue” icon >> “Done”.
After successful configuration, you will get your new account on the Thunderbird’s panel.
Step 3: Import Google Takeout to New Account
- Now click on the imported MBOX file and select all the emails
- And click right and choose the “Copy To” option >> select the new google mail account >> and select the previously created folder in Gmail
- Wait for a while, all data of the Google Takeout file will copy into a new folder
- Now you can open your new account and check the Google Takeout file data will show on the Gmail’s folder.
As you can see, it is really straightforward. However, it is not as straightforward as you would expect. Techniques that are done manually always have their restrictions. In this case, there are several restrictions to this approach, which are listed below:
Manual Methods Limitations & Restrictions
- Time-consuming and lengthy process.
- Not suitable for non-technical users.
- Also, users can only import Google Takeout emails, there is no way to import other data of Google Takeout files.
- High risk of Data Loss.
If you don’t want to face this problem, then check out another method. Which can easily and directly import Google Takeout to new account.
Method 2: Direct Solution to Import Google Takeout to New Account
BitResQ Secure MBOX Converter Software is a highly recommended option for importing all of your Google Takeout data into a new Google account. The most preferred method to import Google Takeout to a new account is as follows: The software has fantastic capabilities, such as the ability to convert an endless amount of data from Google Takeout at the same time. Furthermore, there are no file limitations. In this way, users may effortlessly transfer the whole contents of their Google Takeout account into a new account, including emails, contacts, calendars, notes, and other information.
Time to Say Goodbye
Google provides a plethora of services that make it simple for consumers to handle their data in the most appropriate way. In this regard, one such service is Google Takeout. A method to import Google Takeout to a new account has been described in the preceding debate (Google Apps).