Delete Yahoo Email Account Permanently – All Information Given
Want to delete Yahoo email account permanently? Don’t know what to do about it? Have no clue how to handle the data? Getting confused with all these situations?
Don’t worry! We have got the solution.
But first, let’s take a look at the reasons for deleting an email account.
Whenever the purpose of an account is fulfilled, users generally start deleting it and get back to the old one or create a new one for another purpose.
This situation also occurs when an employee leaves a company. That’s when the admin might want to delete Yahoo email address permanently.
These two are the major reasons for removing an account. Now, what to do when you don’t want to use an account anymore?
How do you delete it?
The steps are quite simple as we are going to explain in the upcoming segments.
But, what about the data that you have stored in it?
Are you absolutely sure that you will not be needing it in the near future or later?
If not, what are you going to do about the data? Let’s find out that as well.
Refer: How to Backup Yahoo Mail to Hard Drive?
But First, Methods to Delete Yahoo Email Account Permanently
There is only one way of deleting the entire mail account i.e. by following these steps:
1. Open a web-browser & go to the My Subscriptions dashboard. Ensure that your subscriptions are not active and if they are, cancel them
2. Move to the Account Termination Page
3. Now, sign in to your Yahoo account that you want to delete
4. Hit the Continue Delete My Account option to move further
5. In the window that appears, enter the login details of your account & it Yes, Terminate this Account option to delete Yahoo email account.
You will receive a notification stating that your account is deactivated & is scheduled for deletion. After 30 days, it will be gone permanently.
Once the account is gone, you cannot do anything about the data stored in it as it will also be lost.
Also Read: How to Migrate from Yahoo Small Business to Office 365?
Is There Any Way to Reactivate My Account after Deactivating It?
Yes, there is.
As we can see above, the account will take 30 days for deletion. Between this time, if users want, they can reactivate their account within this 30 days time-period.
Want to know how to recover the account after you delete Yahoo email account permanently? Here are the instructions:
- In a web browser, go to the Yahoo home page. Login to your account by entering the username & password for the deleted account.
- Give the verification for reactivating your account.
- Create a new password and continue with your account for as long as you want.
Remember: If you cross the 30 days retention period, you will not be able to get your account back. Everything will be gone & there will be no way to reactivate it. Perform these steps before the retention period is over.
Know How to Export Yahoo Mail to Outlook Manually
Measures to be Taken Before Learning to Delete Yahoo Email Address Permanently
Before you delete your account permanently, make sure that there is no important data, attachment, or any message which you want to keep safe.
If you believe that you will be needing certain or all the messages later or in near future, it’s better to save it locally.
That’s because once the account is deleted permanently, you will not be able to get it back in any way.
So, for those who believe their data is too important to be lost, take a backup ASAP before deleting your account.
Don’t know how?
Read: How to Save Yahoo Email to PDF?
Take Backup Before You Delete Yahoo Email Account Permanently
The simple technique of downloading crucial or sensitive information is by applying the features of BitResQ Backup Software.
For taking a backup in bulk, this tool comes in handy while keeping the entire folder structure & data integrity maintained.
If there is a need to download selected emails only, the software consists of a Date-filter feature. This feature allows users to set dates for a specific time-period & then picks the data falling in the chosen duration only.
There are various file formats that you can choose from to backup your data before you delete Yahoo email account.
Take a look at the list of features given in the next section.
What Are the Features of this Backup Software?
- Select formats like PST, EML, PDF, MBOX, etc.
- Set filters for selectively transfer emails on local device
- If you want, you can delete emails after downloading them
- Preserves folder structure & data integrity during the task
- Provides an Incremental Backup feature to save new data only
- Allows taking backup of the entire mailbox with no data-loss
- Ability to save attachments integrated with emails locally
The need to delete Yahoo email account permanently generally arises when the user’s requirements are accomplished. The data that you have in your account can either be useless or crucial. In the first case, you can simply delete the account following the mentioned steps.
In the second case, the tool comes off as useful for taking a backup in the desired format. There is no limitation of this software and can help users keep their important data safe at all times.