How to Fix Outlook Not Opening Error In Windows 7, 8, 10, 11?
May 9th, 2022 ~ 6 Minutes Reading
Being an Outlook user have you ever faced any issues while working on it? Or have you currently facing Outlook won’t open in windows 10? If you are also having such issues while working on it, then, it can be a serious issue. As Outlook is the basic application for day-to-day communications. So, by keeping your situation in mind, we are here to help you to fix Outlook not opening in Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 issue.
The main cause of this issue arises at the time of launching it. When you try to launch Outlook, the cursor keeps loading for a while, but suddenly prompts with an error notification.
However, the main reason behind this mishappening can be many. As it is not specifically proven what’s the real cause? It can be the kind of corruption in the Outlook file. Or maybe the MS Outlook is running in compatibility mode. Another cause could be the old versions of MS Outlook.
So, whatever the reason is behind it. The situation is that Outlook not working in Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7.
That’s why, today, we have come up with this article to resolve this error.
Different Proven Solutions When Outlook Not Responding
To solve this serious Outlook not opening in Windows issue, you can go with the below methods –
So, let’s just understand each solution one by one in the next section.
Fix Outlook Not Opening In Windows by Opening in Safe Mode
The first thing you can try when Outlook won’t open in Windows OS by starting it in the safe mode.
First of all, make sure to close the Outlook application, then,
- In Windows 10, 11, Windows + R key, type Outlook.exe /safe, and tap on the Enter
- Windows 7, select Start, type Outlook /safe in the Search programs and files dialog box
- In Windows 8, Windows + R key, type Outlook /safe, and then hit the OK button.
But, if it is not helpful then go with the other methods given below.
Install and Upgrade the Latest Windows & Office Version
Another thing you can try when Outlook is not opening in Windows 7, 8, or 10, 11. By updating them to the latest version of Windows OS.
For that, either you can install the Windows updates directly from the Microsoft Website or the System Settings.
- In case of the Office updates, just open the Outlook application. Then, go to the File > Office Account
- Now, in the Product Information, select Updates Options > Update Now.
Either it will update the Office account. If it’s already up to date, then you will get a “You’re up to date” Window.
But, even by updating them the error still shows up, then move to the next method.
Fix Outlook Data Files Using SCANPST.EXE
If you have tried all the above methods manually, then there are chances of file corruption. If is it so, then you can take help from the ScanPST.exe tool. It is one of the in-built tools provided by Microsoft.
To use this, go to the default location of the Scanpst.exe tool
- Like – Drive > Program Files > Microsoft Office > Office15
- Now, just double click on the Scanpst.exe option
The wizard will open. Here, browse the file that you need to fix and hit the Start button. It will help you to fix Outlook not opening issue.
Note: Make sure the Outlook application is closed while performing these steps.
Outlook Not Opening in Windows – Fix Microsoft Office
If there is no error in Outlook file then you can go with this method. Therefore, resetting your Office program can fix why Outlook won’t open in Windows 11, 10, 8 and 7. Because, the errors are easily resolved when you refresh the entire MS Office program.
- For doing this task, just close all the Office programs
- Now, in the Control Panel, select the Programs and Features option
- Then, in installed programs list, right-click the MS Office 2016, 2019, and 2013 and hit the Change button.
In case, even after repairing the Office programs, the problem is not resolved. Then, you should move on to the next method.
Fix Outlook Error By Disabling Add-ins
There can be the chance that there is no such issue as above. In this situation, you can remove all the add-ins or disable them. To disable them, just follow the below steps –
- To do so, open the Outlook application, go to the File tab
- Then, select Options from the given options
- Here, from the appeared dialog box, just pick Add-ins options
- Click on the Go button next to the Manage navigation
- Now, from the COM Add-Ins dialog box, uncheck all Add-Ins and hit the OK button.
By doing this, all the Add-Ins will be disabled. Eventually, you will be able to open Outlook again.
Alternative Method to Fix Outlook Won’t Open in Windows Error
Although all the above manual methods can work well. But, in case, if none of them worked. That means your Outlook data file has been severely corrupted. Because of them, you’re unable to open and work on MS Outlook.
So, to get rid of this error, we have come up with the finest automated solution. This is the program that is professionally tested. Also, has been designed with an easy user interface. So, you can go for the BitResQ Recovery for Outlook PST File application without any worry.
Since this is the tool that works fine to fix critical Outlook errors. Using this you can not only resolve Microsoft Outlook errors but you can also store the recovered file in different formats.
Moreover, this software works very well on Windows and Mac OS. So, it will be useful even if you use the latest or older versions of an OS.
How to Fix Outlook Not Opening Issue Automatically?
Download the above-mentioned software on any Windows 7, 8, 10 or 11 OS. Then, to fix the Outlook not opening in Windows error, follow the steps given below –
- In the first file, tap on the Add File on the initial screen
- Secondly, Preview all the important data of the Outlook
- Then, select any file format from the Select Export Type option
- Lastly, just hit on the Export button to resolve the Outlook not responding in Windows OS error.
Today, in this article, we have discussed how to Fix Outlook not opening in Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11 issues? What can be its solution to resolve it? For this, we have mentioned different possible manual solutions. Along with this, we have mentioned an automated BitResQ Software. All the solutions are tested and performed before. So, you can use them and fix the Outlook not working or responding to Windows errors. Choose the appropriate method and get rid of this serious issue.