Why Emails Not Showing Up in Microsoft Outlook Inbox?
Although you may be receiving and sending emails in Outlook on daily basis. By default, all emails are saved in the Inbox folder of MS Outlook. But, there are situations when you can’t find emails in Inbox Folder. This situation can be frustrating when emails not showing up in Outlook Inbox folder. So, you may be wondering where Outlook Inbox emails went? Why is Microsoft Outlook not showing all emails? How emails are missing from Outlook folders? You don’t need to worry about any such questions. Today, we will tell you what you can do to get over this situation.
In this article, we will be sharing different approaches which help you to see emails in the Outlook Inbox folder.
But, do you know the causes of this issue? No? So, let’s just first take a look at the reasons which cause the issue in the Outlook Inbox folder.
This can happen due to faulty internet connection. Another reason could be Outlook settings like, Auto Archive, View settings or more. In addition, major Outlook file errors cause Outlook emails to disappear.
Whatever the reason is, correct them in time. Otherwise, all Outlook inbox emails may disappear forever.
Solutions to Fix Outlook Inbox Not Showing All Emails
There are various possible solutions you can take help to access Inbox emails –
- Recheck the Internet Connection
- Go Through with Default View Settings
- Disable Auto Archive Option
- Use Send/Receive Option
- Recheck Deleted Items Folder
- Fix MS Outlook File Issues
Let’s just understand each solution to fix emails not showing up in Outlook inbox issue in detail.
Recheck the Internet Connection
There may be chances when your Internet connectivity is not proper. Or there are some network issues. So, the first thing you can do is to get all emails in the Outlook Inbox folder. Stable the internet connection.
For that, either set up the network connection again and recheck all the Outlook emails. Make sure the internet connection you are using is secured.
But, even after setting up the internet connectivity, the issue is still there. Or the MS Outlook not showing all emails in Inbox. Then, we suggest you to move on to the next method.
Go Through with Default View Settings
Another thing you can try by checking the default view Outlook settings. As there can be the chance the issue is arising because of the wrong View settings. So, to fix them just follow the steps given below –
- First of all, open the MS Outlook application to fix the error
- Then, move on to the View tab from the menu
- Now, you will see a Current View option just below the file option
- Then, just click on the “Reset View”
- A prompt notification will appear, here, tap on the Yes to remove all the applied filters. As a result, all the View settings will be removed. Eventually, it will fix emails not showing up in Outlook inbox folder
- After performing this, go back to the Outlook Inbox folder
- Here, tap on the Send/Receive option from the menu. Then, click the Send/Receive All Folders to get back your Outlook missing emails.
Disable Auto Archive to Get Back Outlook Emails
Even performing the above tricks doesn’t solve the emails not showing up in Outlook inbox folder. Then, there may be the chances that you archive them accidentally. Or few of the emails got archived automatically. Thus, to fix this issue, just check out the Outlook archive option. Just make sure no missing emails are there in the Archive folder. So for that, you need to disable the auto archiving Outlook emails.
- To perform this task, go to the Outlook application
- Then, right-click on the Inbox folder, and select the Properties option
- The Inbox Properties wizard will open, here, in the Auto Archive section. Check the Do not Archive items in this folder option and hit the OK button.
Emails Not Showing Up in Outlook Inbox – Use Send/Receive Option
There is an option named as Send/Receive in the menu bar, which helps in synchronization.
- To enable this feature, just click on the Send/Receive option from the menu
- Then, tap on the Send/Receive All Folders to fix the Outlook inbox not showing all emails issue
- The Outlook Send/Receive Progress report wizard will automatically synchronize all the emails.
After that, just check out the Outlook Inbox folder to make sure all the missing emails are visible again.
Analyze the Deleted Items Folder to Get Back Outlook Emails
Another thing you can try is to check the Deleted Items folder. So, for that, just make sure there are no important emails. In case, if there is any missing email, then you can get back them as well.
- For this, go to the Trash or Deleted items Folder in MS Outlook
- Now, choose the particular email, right-click on it
- Here, pick the Move option and Other Folder option
- By doing this, the Move Items wizard will appear, here choose the Inbox folder.
You’re done with the process. As a result, you will be able to view the emails in the Outlook Inbox folder.
Fix Microsoft Outlook File Severe Issues
If none of the above manual methods works to get Outlook emails. Then, it means there is a severe error in your Outlook file. However, it can be any, either corruption or any. So, in this situation, you can fix the Outlook file corruption with a suitable program.
Therefore, we have brought an automated software for you to fix emails not showing up in Outlook inbox folder issue. For this, consider the BitResQ Outlook File Recovery Software. It will help you to resolve the error. Eventually, you will be able to see all the missing emails in the Inbox folder.
Moreover, you will get amazing features in this advanced tool. With the proper compatibility on Windows and Mac operating machines. All you have to do is download the software and implement the simple steps. Then, this utility will fix them all.
Emails Not Showing Up in Outlook Inbox – Conclusion
If you are also having an issue like Outlook emails are missing. Then, this article will help you out. As here, we have shared all the possible methods to fix Outlook inbox not showing all emails issues. So, use all the above manual methods to get back the required emails. But, in case, they didn’t help, then you can go with the BitResQ Solution as mentioned above.