Cannot Access Outlook Data File of Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
Summary: If you cannot access Outlook data file of Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 somehow, and looking for a solution for this query. Then, here you will get all information related to this query and possible solutions as well. So, just keep going through this article till the last.
User query: Hey, I have been using Microsoft Outlook without any interruption, but having problems lately. It keeps hanging while working on it, I want to access the file, but I cannot access Outlook data file 2016. I really need to access its data on an urgent basis, can anyone help me out?
Common Reasons Why Users Cannot Access Outlook Data File
However, there could be multiple reasons which affect the file and result in this issue. Such as-
- Sometimes, chances are that the file got corrupted or damaged somehow.
- Moreover, the incorrect configuration can affect the file
- Likewise, no internet connection or any interruption while working with Outlook data file can be the other reason.
- Somehow, the damaged Outlook program files can affect the Outlook data file and as a result, you cannot access it.
Basic Solutions to Resolve this Outlook Issue
Unfortunately, there is no such manual solution that can resolve “cannot access Outlook data file”. However, still, you can do one thing to prevent this situation. You can just create a new Outlook profile using manual strategies.
This will be the easiest way for this query and you can use it as a primary profile in MS Outlook.
For doing this, just find out the Outlook data file location, then, create a new Outlook 22019, 2016, 2013, 2010 profile either by replacing your old or corrupted one.
Note: By creating a new Outlook data file or profile you will still not be able to access the old data in which you were having an issue. So, we would not recommend you to go for this method.
Another Method to Fix the Error Using Scanpst.exe
If there is some corruption in Outlook data file of Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, then you can fix it by using the default ScanPST.exe tool. You can get this tool in the installation directory of Outlook, so follow the steps for more –
- Initially, go to the default location to find and launch the SCANPST.EXE tool
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\OfficeXXX\
- Double click on it, from the pop-window, click on the Browse option to select the file
- After browsing, make sure to check the box for backup. Then, tap on the Start option to proceed.
- If the tool finds any error, mouse-click on the Repair option to fix the error with the Outlook data file
- Once the entire repair process is done, just restart Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, or 2010 and tap on the Send/Receive to check if it’s working properly or not.
Cannot Access Outlook Data File – Best Solution
While using the above methods, there will be no possibility of accessing the old file properly. Therefore, in this section, we have come up with the best and a reliable solution to help you. Using BitResQ Outlook PST File Viewer Tool you can easily access the Outlook data file.
As it supports all versions of Microsoft Outlook, including Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010 versions. Additionally, you will be able to open PST file without Outlook using this freeware utility with no change in data.
Here, you will get multiple preview modes for accessing your file data. Moreover, if you’re using Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or any version of Mac OS, it will work on all of them. Apart from these, it provides you with different features where you can easily access your file or folders, or even their attachments.
But, in case, if you want to recover the Outlook data file and want to create a new one, then you can take the help of BitResQ Outlook Recovery Software. It will fix all the errors in the file, and allow you to create a new one. Also, you can avail of this utility for free by using its free demo version.
Free Guide for Accessing Outlook Data File Instantly
Download the freeware utility on either Windows or Mac machine. Then, after proper installation, just follow the steps as mentioned to resolve cannot access Outlook data file of Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 issue –
- In the first step, run the tool on your computer machine
- Secondly, mouse-click the Add File option from the initial screen
- In this step, once the file gets uploaded, you can easily read file emails, contacts, etc.
- Moreover, you can access Outlook data file using different preview modes, like Hex view, HTML, Message Header, attachments, and more.
In this article, we have discussed why you cannot access Outlook data file of Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010 query in detail. Moreover, for your better understanding, we have shared common causes for the same. Also, what can you do to rectify this error or issue we have mentioned the solutions. So, using the free solution, you will be able to get the issue solved and timely you will be able to preview the data.