Get Free and Smart Solution to Import OLM Files to Excel
February 26th, 2022 ~ Import ~ 4 Minutes Reading
Several users have asked on other platforms how to import OLM to Excel. Here we write a complete guide to solve users’ queries with a manual and the best solution. We can import Outlook data into several formats to increase its usability.
An OLM file is only accessible with Microsoft Outlook for Mac, but if users want to open OLM files on Windows platforms such as Excel, Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, MS Outlook, etc. then this is not an easy task.
In this blog, we will discuss the manual and expert methods for importing OLM files to Excel so that you can easily view, open, and read the crucial data in Excel format. First and foremost, look at the reasons why users import OLM to Excel.
Why Do We Need to Import OLM File to Excel?
- The OLM contacts are saved in CSV format to support multiple email services and email clients such as Google App, Thunderbird, MS Outlook, etc.
- CSV files are easy to access in any spreadsheet program such as Excel, Google Spreadsheets, etc.
- Users can save unlimited contacts in a CSV file with complete information.
- An Excel Spreadsheet is easy to understand and manage your data in tabular form.
Manual Method to Import OLM to Excel Spreadsheet?
This is the only way to import Mac OLM to Excel manually. If you have an orphan OLM file in your system, then first you need to import the OLM file into Mac Outlook, then convert OLM file to CSV format. Follow these steps carefully:
#1 Import OLM File in Outlook
- Firstly, open the Outlook application on your Mac machine
- Secondly, go to the File option >> Import
- Thirdly, choose the “Outlook for Mac archive file (.olm) option”
- Now, select the OLM file and hit the “Import” button
- After that, you can view the successfully imported OLM file in Outlook.
#2 Import OLM to Excel
- Launch Mac Outlook on your Mac
- Click on the File option and hit the Export option
- After that, choose the Contacts option from the Export Window
- Now, select the destination folder and click the Where option
- Hit the Save button to save the file.
Wait a while for the process to be completed. Go to the desired location to check the result file.
Consequences of Manual Method
- This method only allows exporting contacts.
- A user cannot import other items like calendars, emails, etc. in Excel.
- You must install Outlook on your Mac machine.
Import Data from OLM to Excel using Direct Solution
We see that the manual method is quite complicated and tedious. To implement the manual step, you depend on the Outlook email client, which must be installed on your system.
BitResQ Best OLM Converter Software is the best example of this type of conversion. It is the most generally recommended software for the unrestricted importation of an unlimited number of OLM files into Excel spreadsheet format. This tool is capable of importing OLM to Excel with all attachments.
The application’s extremely simple user interface is one of its best traits. Even if you don’t have a lot of technical knowledge, you should be able to use this software.
Advantage of OLM to Excel Import Tool
- This software is a standalone tool that doesn’t require you to install Outlook on your Mac machine.
- Facility to import emails as well as attachments.
- After completing the import process, it does not change the original formatting of your OLM file.
- This software works on both Mac and Windows machines.
- It is completely safe and easy to use for users.
Hence, there are many queries related to how to import OLM to Excel. If you are dealing with these types of queries, go through the article. We hope you will find the best and free solution to import OLM files to an Excel Spreadsheet.