How to Import Outlook OLM to Apple Mail Manually?
February 25th, 2022 ~ Import ~ 5 Minutes Reading
Do you want to import OLM files to Mac mail but are unable to do so because Apple mail does not support .olm file? Is this the problem you’re having or is it something else? Well, whatever the issue is, we will address them directly here on this blog. We’ve extracted one of the most effective manual methods for doing your task successfully. Therefore, if you want to learn more about the solutions, let’s begin the discussion.
While manual OLM to Mac mail import is feasible, there are several prerequisites that must be completed. The technical criteria are outlined below, along with how they can be met. Therefore, review them as they are vital to comprehend before proceeding with the completion of your assignment.
Major Requirements When Importing OLM to Apple Mail
- To clarify, OLM is an Outlook for Mac-compatible file format that you cannot open using Mac mail. Whereas, the Apple mail, is an account that supports the MBOX format.
- Thus, in labor words, we may state that you cannot directly import OLM files to Mac Mail. The correct method is to convert the OLM file to a Mac-compatible format, which is none other than MBOX.
- If you do so, you will be able to access the OLM data using the mac mail of your choice. Thus, this is the technical point that you need to focus on.
So, now that you’ve grasped the technicalities, let’s describe how you can accomplish it. To do this, we provide you a manual route that you may follow and verify all associated procedures.
Manually Import OLM File to Mac Mail
Given the inability to import raw Outlook OLM files, you will require the platform to perform the task. The Outlook for Mac email client is essential here since it supports the OLM. Moreover, it will assist you in completing your assignment.
- Firstly, select Import from the Tools menu in Mac Outlook 2016 or 2019
- Select Outlook for Mac archive file (.olm) from the Import tab and click Continue
- Now, on your Mac, locate the .olm file and pick Import
- Finally, imported elements like as Mail, Calendar, People, Tasks, and Notes will be shown in the navigation windows under On My Computer.
This section describes how to import OLM files into Mac Outlook. Now, follow the steps below to proceed.
Import OLM Files to Mac Mail By .mbox File
- To begin, choose one of your Outlook for Mac mailboxes and drag it to your desktop. This creates a .mbox file containing all of the data from your Outlook email
- After you’ve imported your Outlook mailboxes, launch the Mail program on your Mac and navigate to the File tab
- Following that, click Import Mailboxes
- Now, from the options menu, pick ‘Files in MBOC format‘ and click Continue
- Finally, validate the selected MBOX files and click Continue to import them into the Mail app.
After that, you’ll discover your OLM in an import folder within Apple Mail software.
Thus, this is how you may manually import OLM files to Apple Mail for free. However, the procedure is slow and needs you to utilize Mac Outlook application. If the account is not set up, you may be unable to import OLM emails to Mac Mail.
Best Approach to Import Mac OLM to Apple Mail Instantly
However, we do have a recommendation for you. If you’re not interested in using an email client or in going through such a lengthy process, you should go for the BitResQ OLM File Converter Program. It is an excellent method to import multiple emails from OLM File to Mac Mail and into PST format.
It will batch convert all of your Mac Outlook OLM files to a Mac mail-compatible file format. Even it will help you preserving all the email attributes. Not just this, but it allows the conversion into Thunderbird application, also into Gmail, or in CSV format, or Yahoo Mail and more formats and web email clients. Additionally, it has other functions that you will discover once you run it.
Furthermore, it provides full compatibility to Mac and Windows operating machine, if you want to access the resultant file on Windows OS. As a result, we urge that you seek this as well because it has a free demo version that you can try on.
Instant Steps to Perform the OLM File Conversion Professionally
First of all, download the suggested application and then follow the below steps to import OLM to Apple Mail-
- Either click on the Select Files or Select Folders and hit the Next button
- After this, select MBOX format from all the given options
- Afterwards, decide the any Destination Path for saving the output file
- Lastly, tap on the Convert button to complete the entire import OLM file to Mac Mail process.
If you have a large number of orphaned OLM files and wish to import them to Mac mail for free, you may now do it effortlessly. For the same, we have described the entire procedure in detail with technical prerequisites. Hence, you may manually import OLM file to Mac mail if you properly follow our instructions. As such, we want you to carefully review each stage and its requirements. But, without losing a bit of data to import OLM to Apple Mail, you can choose the described software. After downloading it, just accomplish your assignment in the most efficient manner possible.