How to Migrate from Yahoo Small Business to Office 365? Solved
March 8th, 2022 ~ 6 Minutes Reading
Do you have no idea how to migrate from Yahoo small business to Office 365? If yes, then you are on the right page. Here you will get complete information and step by step guide.
Many small business owners choose Yahoo Mail email clients to send and receive professional emails. because Yahoo provides amazing features for professional users.
Yahoo Small Business provides a single platform that includes e-commerce, web hosting, domain names, advertising, and local marketing.
Microsoft 365, which was formerly known as Office 365 but has now been rebranded as Microsoft 365, is a cloud-based productivity suite that was released by Microsoft for both corporate and personal customers.
You may use Office 365 services on a variety of platforms, including Windows, Mac, and Android, as well as over the web.
Why Small Businesses Choose Office 365 Over Yahoo Mail?
- Office 365 is offered in a variety of configurations for individuals, small companies, and large corporations. Businesses may simply scale up by utilizing their current plans, or they may update as their needs change.
- Office 365 subscriptions provide more than emails. Users receive Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, and other Microsoft apps. Although if not included in the bundle, these services may be simply added as add-ons.
- Microsoft protects its users with one of the finest cutting-edge technology available. Usually speaking, many of the security features accessible with Office 365 are only offered on enterprise-level suites.
Migrate from Yahoo Small Business to Office 365 Manually
So here we will first export Yahoo Mail to Outlook account. After that, we will export Yahoo Mail data by using the Outlook application. Then upload PST file into Office 365 to migrate from Yahoo small business to Office 365. All steps are mentioned below:
Preparations: Enable Allow apps that use the less secure sign-in option of Yahoo Mail account.
Step 1: Configure Yahoo Mail Account into Outlook
- Open the Outlook application on your machine
- And then click on the File >> Info >> Add Account >> Manually Configure Server Settings >> Next icon
- Now choose POP3 or IMAP and then press on the “Next” icon
- Now enter the Yahoo Mail account login details
- Next, in the “Incoming mail server field” box, type pop.mail.yahoo.com and “Outgoing Server Field” box, type smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- After that, press on the “More Settings” option, and in “POP and IMAP Account Settings”, fill the name for the account
- Now click on the “Outgoing Server”, enable both “Use Same Settings as My Incoming Mail Server” and “My SMTP Requires Authentication” options to migrate from Yahoo small business to Office 365
- After that, press on the “Advanced” tab and enter the details of the “POP3 server” and check the “This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection” option
- Lastly, press on the OK >> Next and Finish icon.
Now we will export Yahoo Mail data from Outlook. all steps are mentioned below:
Step 2: Export Yahoo Mail Data using Outlook
- Open Outlook on your device
- And then press on the “Open & Export” and then the “Import/Export” option
- And choose “Export to a file option” from the list
- Now hit the “Outlook Data File (.PST)” option to migrate from Yahoo small business to Office 365
- After that, select the Yahoo Mail data files and folders and press on the “Next” icon
- Now browse the saving location you want to export the data.
Now you will get the PST file, next, we will import the PST file into Office 365 account.
Step 3: Import PST File into Office 365
Microsoft offers the Import Service functionality, which is based on the Azure storage, to allow users to import PST files into Office 365.
Phase 1: Provisioning of storage
- Open Office 365 and press on the Import Service > Data Migration
- Now press on the Upload PST option
- Next, click on the “+ Sign” and choose the “Upload email messages (PST files)” option
- The Storage account will be established for the initial import. To do so, select ‘Show network upload SAS URL’ from the drop-down menu.
Phase 2: Upload Created PST file
- Connect with “Azure Storage Explorer”
- Now enter the “Shared Access Signature (SAS) URL”
- Now complete “Connection summary” will show on the mirror
- Lastly, you can import PST files using Azure Storage Explorer Tool.
Phase 3: Mapping the PST File
After you’ve uploaded the PST file to Azure Storage, you’ll need to create a CSV file to use as a backup. This CSV file will be used to map the PST files to the appropriate mailboxes and destination folders in Outlook.
Phase 4: Import PST file
Final step: Importing a PST mapping file into Outlook. After you press the Finish button, your PST file will be uploaded into Office 365 to migrate from Yahoo small business to Office 365.
As you can see, manual methods are easy. But there are some limits, which we can’t ignore.
Limitation to Migrate from Yahoo Small Business to Office 365 Manually
- This is a time-consuming and long procedure.
- It is necessary to have extensive technical expertise.
- You may face mistakes from time to time, and you will have to perform the method over and over again.
- If you make one mistake, you will lose all of your information.
- Outlook must be installed on your computer before you can use it.
- By utilizing this approach, you will get data in PST format, which means that you will always need to open a PST file in Outlook.
Also Read: Why Office 365 eDiscovery Export Tool Application Cannot Be Started?
Hassle-Free Solution to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365
The most famous and highly preferred software to migrate Yahoo Mail complete data to Office 365 account directly is the BitResQ tool. Users can migrate from Yahoo small business to Office 365 according to their needs and there are no file size restrictions, so users can migrate unlimited data of Yahoo Mail account.
The software comes with a simple and user-friendly interface, which makes the tool easy to use for technical and non-technical users. users can easily download and install the software. Also, the tool allows users to extract Yahoo Mail data including emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, and other data with preserved attributes and elements.
Time to Say Goodbye
We have shown you how to migrate from Yahoo small business to Office 365. The user may finish this task without additional effort. We’ve also covered Manual and Professional. So, users can choose the method according to their needs.