How to Import Gmail Emails to Outlook All Versions?
February 10th, 2022 ~ Import ~ 5 Minutes Reading
Today, in this write up we will solve the most searched query on the internet “how to import Gmail emails to Outlook?”.
Here we will show one of the best and free techniques to import Gmail accounts to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 & previous versions by using free manual methods with a complete and step-by-step guide.
Gmail and Outlook are two email clients that are well known across the world. Both applications have their own respective user bases. Furthermore, both email clients have incredible features. However, there are several situations in which users may like to import their Gmail emails into Outlook.
“Hello there, I’ve been using Gmail for three years, and all of my critical data is stored in my Gmail account. But I do not wish to continue using Gmail. After discovering the fantastic capabilities of Outlook yesterday, I’ve decided to import my entire Gmail data into Outlook. However, I’m not sure how to go about doing this. Could someone please provide me with a perfect method to import Gmail emails to Outlook?”
“Hey, I was previously utilizing a Gmail account for my professional work, but I just changed my job, and now we must use Outlook for all office-related tasks. But there’s a problem: all of my vital data is saved on a Google Mail account, and I want to transfer that information into my Microsoft Outlook account. But I’m lost and don’t know where to go. Please clarify the proper procedure to me.”
So before starting the process, let’s have a look at the reasons why users want to import their Gmail mailbox to Outlook.
Refer: How to Import Gmail Emails to Office 365 Webmail?
Reasons to Import Gmail Account to MS Outlook
- Outlook creates a seamless integration between their email, calendar, and contacts in their mailboxes.
- When using Outlook as an email management application, one may get their emails even when they are not connected to the internet.
- Outlook includes a function that allows users to organize their email in the manner of their choosing.
- Gmail has 15GB of capacity and a 25MB attachment restriction, whereas Outlook has limitless storage and a 100MB attachment limit.
Manual Methods to Import Gmail Emails to Outlook
Here we will import Gmail emails to Outlook in 2 steps, all steps are mentioned below:
Important Note: first read the complete article before starting the conversion.
- Open your Gmail account and press the “Gear” icon.
- From the “Forwarding and POP / IMAP” option >> IMAP options and choose “Enable IMAP”.
- Lastly, save the changes.
Step 1: Configure Gmail Account into Outlook
- First, open Outlook on your device to import Gmail emails to Outlook.
- After that, select the “File” tab and now choose the “Add Account” option.
- Now a screen will pop up, enter the login details of your Gmail account, and press on the Next icon.
- Lastly, press the “Finish” icon to start the process to import Gmail emails to Outlook.
Now complete data of the Gmail account will appear on the MS Outlook on the left side panel.
Step 2: Export Data from MS Outlook
- Now from the MS Outlook account click on the File menu.
- Next press on the “Open & Export” >> “Import/Export” option.
- Select “Export to a File” >> Next icon.
- After that, choose “Outlook data file (.pst)” and press the “Next” button.
- Lastly, browse the saving location to save the Exported PST file.
As you can see, how simple are manual methods to import Gmail emails to Outlook? But there are some limitations with free techniques. Which are mentioned below:
Why Manual Methods are Not Reliable?
- Only technical users will perform the method easily, it’s hard for non-technical users.
- Also, Microsoft Outlook must be installed on your device properly.
- Consume a lot of time and a lengthy process to import Gmail emails to Outlook.
There is a risk of corruption and data loss. As you can see, manual methods are free, but there are some limitations. Which we can’t ignore. Because our data is most important to us. So, if you don’t want to face these kinds of problems, and want to import Gmail emails to Outlook completely.
Then you should take the help of a third-party tool like BitResQ tool, to import complete data from Gmail to MS Outlook without any hassle.
Time to Say Goodbye
Finally, in this article, we explored how to import Gmail emails to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and previous versions by utilizing one of the most effective and cost-free methods. In the preceding section, we provided a comprehensive and step-by-step explanation of how to download Gmail emails to PST format. Manual techniques are completely free, although they do have some limits, which have been discussed above in detail. So, you should get assistance from any third-party tool to avoid these issues. I hope you enjoyed reading the post.
There are several sub-stages that can be completed without risk. But, if you do not follow them, there is a risk of Outlook being damaged.